Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typing issues

Exclamation Typing issues

An OLD BUG still in good shape is the "slow typing"/"slow character input" issue. It's been around since version 10: SLOW KEYBOARD. It's almost impossible to type in text in a text box. Type a bunch of characters and they turn up slowly one by one. Copy&Paste from Notepad has been the solution so far.

Mind you, I have been using different systems (XP, Vista) and PCs and experience the same issues with typing.

Any others experiencing the same?

Is there a solution to this?

INGRAFO
    Eireway Ltd
    N-2540 Tolga
    Last edited by ingrafo; 01-06-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Oh, yes, the dreaded slow typing problem! I'm using NOF 10 and dread working on one of my web sites because of it. Changes that shouldn't take more than a minute or two take 10 to 15 minutes. I thought the problem was that I was storing the web site on a network drive but even moving it to the local drive didn't resolve the problem.

Nothing to add, but you asked if anyone else experienced it. Haven't tried it with NOF 11 or 12.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by ingrafo View Post
    An OLD BUG still in good shape is the "slow typing"/"slow character input" issue. It's been around since version 10: SLOW KEYBOARD. It's almost impossible to type in text in a text box. Type a bunch of characters and they turn up slowly one by one. Copy&Paste from Notepad has been the solution so far.

Mind you, I have been using different systems (XP, Vista) and PCs and experience the same issues with typing.

Any others experiencing the same?

Is there a solution to this?

INGRAFO
    Eireway Ltd
    N-2540 Tolga
    Hi ingrafo,

Please see my PM.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

When this was discussed back in NOF 10, didn't have something to do with an abnormally high number of fonts installed in windows? Seems like only a very few number of people ever experienced this problem.

I get this with very large tables
    Only the Blue Roads

Hi, Dave. I actually do have a high number of fonts installed. I'll try to remove and test.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave@WBDI View Post
    When this was discussed back in NOF 10, didn't have something to do with an abnormally high number of fonts installed in windows? Seems like only a very few number of people ever experienced this problem.
    Now I have removed several of my fonts ... and it actually helped a lot. Thanks, Dave! :-)
    I still have a lag when marking text with shift+arrow, so when marking text I'll rather use the mouse or ctrl+shit+arrow when marking whole words.

INGRAFO

Quote Originally Posted by Dave@WBDI View Post
    Doh! I do remember that being an issue and the fix now that you mention it!
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

I got fonts, lotso fonts, yes I do! That may be the problem, and it's something I'll check next week.

Liz (recovering fontoholic)

If a large quantity of fonts installed on a machine is causing this problem, then I posit that uninstalling them is a lousy fix.

As designers, we need an arsenal of tools and fonts are one just one element in the tool bag.

The argument that only small number of fonts are universally browser compatible doesn't hold water because we also need those fonts for design applications other than web sites.

Find a proper fix, please.
    Only the Blue Roads