Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Titles in web browser

Default Titles in web browser

When I view my local site on my web browser the title appears correctly and the source html is for the relevant page.

When I look at the site on the internet the title is always for the index page regardless of what page is showing and the source html is also shows the index page html. Also the address line in the browser only shows the index page address.

I am using Essentials. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like you have enabled frames. With frames you always see the body frameset in the title bar, regardless of what page you are viewing.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I have the same problem told to me by my server, how can this be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by kfoto View Post
    I have the same problem told to me by my server, how can this be resolved.
    On any page press F10 for the masterborders properties palette.
    Click on the 2nd tab
    Make sure all framesets are NOT selected

When frames are select you will see (#) after the frame name (the # will be a number between 1 and 4). If you see the number in brackets click on the frame icon above it and it will go away and deselect that frame set. All you should see is left right top bottom (with no numbers after them)

Clean up your local files and full publish http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

I have done as you said. There is no "hash" symbol (sorry Mac laptop keyboard). I see no numbers after I click on each.

Quote Originally Posted by kfoto View Post
    I have done as you said. There is no "hash" symbol (sorry Mac laptop keyboard). I see no numbers after I click on each.
    Can you post a URL to the page?

I have numbers in brackets, in right there is (1) and it bottom there is (2). I cannot see a frame icon above any.

Default Url

I have just deleted this domain from the server because of problems\

This is my first website using NOF 7.5 and I really get so stressed out with this. I must say that the Gotfusion site is a gem and thanks to Mike for all his hard work putting this together. Hats off to him. But I have some minor probs I guess and hopefully they will be resolved. By the way I am 62 and my brain is not so useful sometimes!!

Default Masterborder props

Going back to Masterborder props, 2nd tab frames. There is a box Generate HTML frame borders, should this be ticked or not?