Thread: Multi Layout Region - Setting Navigation Elements

Default Multi Layout Region - Setting Navigation Elements

I have created Default Multi Layout Regions and want to navigate between them. I have followed the help topic "Setting Navigation Elements" and used the example given. I get to the stage of "selecting" which Layout Region to "switch to" from the choice in the combo box but the validate button does not become active ... in other words I cannot click it. So clicking OK to close the parameter values dialog saves everything but the action does not work.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated. I've tried this in both NOF 11 and NOF 12. I'm using Windows 7 64bit and running NOF as an Administrator

See attachment for an example ... note that neithr the "tick" box or "X" box are enabled.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example..PNG 
Views:	483 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	710  

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

Good morning,

what are you trying to do with the MLR and these "actions". These "actions" are NOF generated scripts which will only work if you do not do a single mistake and they might not work in all browsers.

My tip - do not use any actions at all and definitely not for the MLR. If you like to open one specific layout region you can use the URL of this region, i.e. this URL will open region "Foto 3" (third layout region)

Code:
      http://www.tommyherrmanndesign.com/nof/html/multi-layout.php#LayoutBereich8LYR
    http://www.tommyherrmanndesign.com/n...outBereich8LYR
    Last edited by Thomas Frei-Herrmann; 01-08-2011 at 06:17 AM.
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

I wanted to link internally between the layout regions. I am trying to use the "Default Multi Lyout Regions" like stacked and then navigate back and forth using next /previous.

If you look at the start of my Website you will see I have used Tabbed MLR similar to you. When you navigate to articles I wanted to have default MLR's like stacked pages.

I understand how you have created the link to your Foto 3 and will try to do the same.

I really do appreciate your reply ... thanks.

Bill.

Sorry, I missed out the website address.

www.scottishhighlandcattle.com.au

Bill.

... for "photographs"

http://www.scottishhighlandcattle.co...youtRegion7LYR

by the way, your CSS for your MLR tabs got lost in the IE browser. Republish this page.
    Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Hanbill View Post
    then navigate back and forth using next /previous.
    ... you can't to this, because you are not leaving your page. This is just to call the "anchor" address, i.e. this region

#LayoutRegion7LYR
    Tommy

... to demonstrate this effect on the same page of my help site, I had to be a bit tricky (because if you go to another tab the page will be not refreshed). I have linked to another page and I have put this code in the layout html "between the head tags" of this new page

Code:
    <meta http-equiv="refresh"content="0;URL=http://www.tommyherrmanndesign.com/nof/html/multi-layout.php#LayoutBereich8LYR" >
    Tommy

You are so right ... I found it only worked once unless I refreshed the page. However, I believe I can now achieve what I want now that I know how to link back to one particular layout from other pages. My intent was not to use this for photgraphs but some of the text articles are rather long and I was intending spreading them over several pages.

Once again, thanks for your help. The information you have given me will get me on the right track.

Bill.