Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graphics mysteriously go missing in preview?

Okay, I'm beginning to suspect that the problem has to do with publishing to Xythos, which uses WebDAV, then viewing with a browser. Once you do that, whether you close the browser window or not, NOF publishing/preview are toast as far as graphics are concerned. However, I still need to do some more testing when my brain isn't so foggy. I have FTP web space that I can use for testing and I also have another Xythos account that I can try. It will take me awhile to try all possible permutations of web host space, browser, browser window open/closed, but I think I will be able to figure something out within the next day couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Happened again! Same computer as above, same web site, but have been in and out of NOF. Same solution. It seems to be related to publishing, but I can't be absolutely sure because I preview/publish/edit and repeat. Unfortunately, it's still not preditable.

Except that I think that it IS predictable! If I publish, then view the actual web site in a browser (either Firefox or IE, doesn't seem to matter), then any additional preview or publish loses the graphics. It doesn't matter whether the browser window is open to the page or not. Web hosting is on Xythos. I have some space on my Cox account that I can experiment (if I can figure out the publish settings again!), but not tonight. I'll see if the behavior is limited ot the Xythos space or if it occurs with both Xythos and Cox space.

I'm also getting some weird extra space between the cells of an embedded table. Doesn't show in preview, does show in on the actual web site. I have made sure that all the tables and all the rows and columns are set to auto width/height. I will PM the URL to you, Adam.

That happened to me a lot when I use d this program in the past. It was unpredictable. Happened in 11, 10 and when I had 8. It happened primarily with the java based programs, Guestbook etc. that is from NOF. One minute they're there and the next upload they're no longer there. It's a long time bug.

I have confirmed that the problem is with WebDAV publishing. As soon as I publish using WebDAV, NOF print preview does not show graphics. The problem occurs in versions 11 and 12. Couldn't get version 10 to run this morning, but it's definitely not confined just to 12.

Graphics remain visible when FTP publishing, but that's not an option with my students' web hosting space. FrontPage 2003 published to WebDAV without losing the links to the graphics so I think there's a glitch in NOF's WebDAV publishing routine.

The workaround is to exit from NOF and get back in, but that's a PITA. Hope there will be a fix for this.

Adam, I'm going to PM you the user name and password for my "dummy" account on our system in hopes that you can duplicate the problem.

Bumping this since it's been over 3 days. Am not asking for a solution at this point, just some acknowledgment that the problem is repeatable (or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Bumping this since it's been over 3 days. Am not asking for a solution at this point, just some acknowledgment that the problem is repeatable (or not).
    Good. Maybe NOF will acknowledge this see what the problem is and find a solution.

Still not a peep, including to the support ticket I submitted.

Terrific. I finally got a response to the trouble ticket that I submitted and the response had absolutely nothing to do with the problem. I don't think the tech saw anything other than the word "link" so I was told how to troubleshoot links that don't work. <sigh> I guess I'm just going to have to tell my students that every time they publish their site, they're going to have to exit from NOF and get back in. I just wish that someone would at least acknowlege the problem even if there's no fix for it.