Thread: Publishing a Mobile (Smart phone) site

Default Publishing a Mobile (Smart phone) site

I just completed a Mobile site for smart phone use using NOF X12. It locally publishes the index page as "index.html". How would I publish this to my hosting server without overwriting the main index.html page?

I want any mobile user to go to the newly developed "Mobile" site, but all normal web browsers to use the main site.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
    I just completed a Mobile site for smart phone use using NOF X12. It locally publishes the index page as "index.html". How would I publish this to my hosting server without overwriting the main index.html page?

I want any mobile user to go to the newly developed "Mobile" site, but all normal web browsers to use the main site.
    You can tell Fusion to use the name you give your home page as the generated document name. This page will explain where this is done: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4064
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

If you want a visitor to automatically be directed to either the normal or mobile site, it'll take some coding to detect the browser they're using on what platform.

Here's an excellent resource: http://detectmobilebrowsers.mobi/
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Cool site. thanks for the ref, Chuck.

This mobile option that NOF have in version 12, is this an app program or a mini version of your website modified for your cell phone?
    Last edited by dove-7; 01-12-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    This mobile option that NOF have in version 12, is this an app program or a mini version of your website modified for your cell phone?
    I took a quick look at the 'Smartphone' template that is a free download from NOF -
    seems to be a 320 x 413 page that contains three multi-layout regions.
    May well be something cleverer 'under the hood' - but that's what it looks like.

Sadly, the first time I did this, NOF gave another of its spectacular 'locked-up-solid' crashes -
    and not only crashed itself but also 'disappeared' the mouse pointer and locked up WinXP for me
    - to the point where only physical removal of the mains power would get you out of it.....

Not the first time this has happened to me with V12 = previous times were when I was opening / editing
    files that were originally generated in NOF11 (then export / import etc).

Luckily, OpenOffice (free software!) on which I'd been running some accounts for a couple of hours
    was clever enough to restore it's datafiles......

I'm nervous about the stability of NOF12........

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by adrian5750 View Post
    I took a quick look at the 'Smartphone' template that is a free download from NOF -
    seems to be a 320 x 413 page that contains three multi-layout regions.
    May well be something cleverer 'under the hood' - but that's what it looks like.

Sadly, the first time I did this, NOF gave another of its spectacular 'locked-up-solid' crashes -
    and not only crashed itself but also 'disappeared' the mouse pointer and locked up WinXP for me
    - to the point where only physical removal of the mains power would get you out of it.....

Not the first time this has happened to me with V12 = previous times were when I was opening / editing
    files that were originally generated in NOF11 (then export / import etc).

Luckily, OpenOffice (free software!) on which I'd been running some accounts for a couple of hours
    was clever enough to restore it's datafiles......

I'm nervous about the stability of NOF12........

Adrian

Ironic, I'm having this discussion now with Mike aka Getfusion in another thread. Stability.