Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOF 12 Locking Up

Angry NOF 12 Locking Up

Is anyone having a problem with NOF 12 locking up? There is no consistency on what function/page I happen to be working on when the program locks up. I have to close the program out and relaunch. It is not a problem with my system as it is top notch. Any ideas how to prevent?

What OS are you using?
    What error messages are you receiving?
    Does the problem exist with an older site you have opened in 12?
    Does the problem exist if you start a new blank site and work with that?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default NOF 12 Locking Up

OS - Windows 7
    Messages: "Has stopped working..." ; Error "j" are the most occuring.
    I did import a site from an older version. Although most of the images are changing, including style. The text is pretty much all that is remaining from old site.
    Not sure about working with a new site. I can try it but hate to lose all the time spent and work thus far.

Also, the program is now telling me that it found "damaged" files and has deleted them. I have redesigned and resaved the same file 3 times and it still wants to delete. The files being deleted are in the master area.
    Last edited by MeanStreets; 01-10-2011 at 02:32 AM.

Exclamation NOF 12 Locking Up - New issue Required Resource Not Available

It is now 12 hours since I last had the patience to work with NOF 12. My latest delay other than the locking up is that I am now getting a window popping up that says "A required resource was not available" THEN - I have to shut down the program and restart.

It would be GREAT if someone w/ NOF would respond and help me understand what is happening. I am starting to wish I had just taken the time to learn another design program... BUT I have always loved NOF so...please help!

I am sure that one of the NOF supports guys will address your concern. I am sure that they keep some sort of hours though and you did address this over the weekend.

This has not been one of the issues during testing, nor on this forum. I would say that it is something local to your system

Just a few questions.

Did you do a default install or custom?

I think that you may have a bad install or download. I would try to download and install NOF again. Make sure that you uninstall version 12 and manually delete the folders in your profile\documents and in public/documents.

Let me know how it goes.

Gary

I do understand that the ladies and gentlemen from NOF work normal hours rather than weekend hours. I am simply hopeful, and begging a little as well, that they will help me figure out what is happening. As there have been numerous – 69 views – of this post I am guessing that I am not the only one that this is happening to.

I will however take your advice and uninstall and reinstall again, this will be my 3rd time, and see if that solves it. I have also tried opening in admin and w/o admin so that isn’t it. BUT, fingers crossed the 3rd time will be the charm 

The damages objects is usually a corrupt database file (your site projects are database files that are used by NetObjects).

The suggestion that you install and select the default install location is a good one. Windows 7 (and vista) do not like users to change things outside of what they want you to work in and Fusion requires a lot of administration controls to function properly as it is a very complex piece of software (much more complex than most you will ever use).

The issues "appear" to be with your site project and not with the software. You can continue trying to debug your site project file but you will find that if it is less than 75 pages in size it will be quicker to start a new site project and copy/paste the content from the old one to the new one. Make sure that you set your paste default to plain/unformated text so that you do not bring in the rogue issues that are plaguing your original site project. See this page for how to set your paste default to plain text: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4067

And before you start... I am a user just like you and only trying to help you sort out your problem in the easiest way possible.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by MeanStreets View Post
    As there have been numerous – 69 views – of this post I am guessing that I am not the only one that this is happening to.
    That would probably be an invalid assumption. I read the thread (several times, as there were additional posts from time to time) and I'm not having that problem. The viewers may have been curious, like me, or one of the nice folks who often have some insight, like those who've posted replies.

Your first post was Sunday afternoon, and then you posted again first thing Monday morning. Didn't even give the NOF folks a fair chance to respond!

Hi MeanStreets,

From the information you have provided, it sounds like you are having issues with one site that you have imported in from an earlier version of NetObjects Fusion.

On Turtles suggestion, did you find the same issues in a blank site?
    Did you import any other sites in from previous versions?
    Did you import the site in as a template? If so, did you optimize the site in your previous version before binging it into NetObjects Fusion XII?

Please let me know these details so we can continue troubleshooting.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Hi Adam,
    I appreciate you responding to my post. I was hoping that the problem was indeed a bad install but after the 3rd time reinstalling and starting from a blank site with no import from previous versions I am still having issues with the program locking up. Although, I will admit that it doesn’t seem to be happening quite as often 
    When reinstalling I selected standard for the install so I “think” that the program should be happy with its home. I have opened the program in admin and regular and am currently rebuilding from a blank site. I have not placed any text or graphics with the exception of the sitestyle that is custom.
    I am really at a loss here. I haven’t had issues with NOF in the past and really like the set-up of this new version so, needless to say, any guidance you can give me on ways to work around or whatever would be great.
    Much thanks!