Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NOF 12 Locking Up

Just wanted to give everyone that has tried to help with the NOF12 issue that I have been having. And before reading this – there is no tone in this post I am simply stating facts, so please don’t try to pick a fight or make smart remarks.

I paid my Computer Technician spend some time with my machine to dig in and help resolve the locking up issue. He was able to replicate the problem – numerous times – but could not find a reason since there is not a specific command that causes the freezing/locking up. Also, the Event Viewer on my machine did not showing any type of event with NOF12 when it would freeze. He did a thorough check of my system and could not find anything that would cause such a problem. His statement was “It almost has to be in the NOF12 software. Because it is not your computer.”
    I’m happy that my Tech was able to replicate the issue, check out my pc and prove that I’m not imagining this issue. Since I spent the money on the new software and I really like what I see – when it works – I am hopeful for an update that will resolve – soon…

Thanks to all that tried to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by MeanStreets View Post
    Just wanted to give everyone that has tried to help with the NOF12 issue that I have been having. And before reading this – there is no tone in this post I am simply stating facts, so please don’t try to pick a fight or make smart remarks.

I paid my Computer Technician spend some time with my machine to dig in and help resolve the locking up issue. He was able to replicate the problem – numerous times – but could not find a reason since there is not a specific command that causes the freezing/locking up. Also, the Event Viewer on my machine did not showing any type of event with NOF12 when it would freeze. He did a thorough check of my system and could not find anything that would cause such a problem. His statement was “It almost has to be in the NOF12 software. Because it is not your computer.”
    I’m happy that my Tech was able to replicate the issue, check out my pc and prove that I’m not imagining this issue. Since I spent the money on the new software and I really like what I see – when it works – I am hopeful for an update that will resolve – soon…

Thanks to all that tried to help me.

I've read from another user or two on here that are experiencing the same issue. But they're using XP OS. I'm still trying to figure out why NOF 11 won't show the captcha letters. Everything else shows up minus that. Head scratcher.

Btw, MS Word is not good for copy n paste. BUT, NOF needs to address this when they put out software or make it where you can use it. I use to have that issue before someone hipped me to it. It'd be nice if NOF change that. I use Dreamweaver and have copied and paste without that issue. Go figure.
    Last edited by dove-7; 01-14-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    Btw, MS Word is not good for copy n paste. BUT, NOF needs to address this when they put out software or make it where you can use it. I use to have that issue before someone hipped me to it. It'd be nice if NOF change that. I use Dreamweaver and have copied and paste without that issue. Go figure.
    The default setting is set to RTF so that when you copy from page to page within Fusion you get an exact copy. I recommend setting the default to unformatted text because of the MS word rogue formating that comes along with the text. More people have "debilitating" problems pasting from word than pasting unformatted text within Fusion so I just blanket suggest that the default be changed so the user no longer needs to think, just work.

you can always specify which type of paste operation you desire on a paste by paste basis by right clicking, selecting paste special, then selecting 1 of the 3 options (RTF, HTML ,unformatted) which will over ride your default setting for that 1 paste operation.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    The default setting is set to RTF so that when you copy from page to page within Fusion you get an exact copy. I recommend setting the default to unformatted text because of the MS word rogue formating that comes along with the text. More people have "debilitating" problems pasting from word than pasting unformatted text within Fusion so I just blanket suggest that the default be changed so the user no longer needs to think, just work.

you can always specify which type of paste operation you desire on a paste by paste basis by right clicking, selecting paste special, then selecting 1 of the 3 options (RTF, HTML ,unformatted) which will over ride your default setting for that 1 paste operation.
    I recall you addressing this to me back in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    I've read from another user or two on here that are experiencing the same issue. But they're using XP OS. I'm still trying to figure out why NOF 11 won't show the captcha letters. Everything else shows up minus that. Head scratcher. .
    dove-7,
    Thanks for letting me know that others are experiencing the same stuff. Maybe there will be a resolve soon. Fingers crossed at least... Also, on the copy past thing - another person on the forum gave me the heads up on that one.

Learning is a life long process...