Thread: Navigation button question.

Default Navigation button question.

So far all is fine with my navigation button bar that I made. Here's the current situation that I'm looking for a solution to. On the navigation bar, I have a couple of them where I added a drop down menu. I just want the drop down menus to take you to the page and not the heading/tab where the drop down menu is attached to. Example: Directory is the name of one of the listing, but from the drop menu button there is Shops, events etc. How do I make the Directory a not linkable button?

Another but relative question. I want to make a different set of buttons (one) for that will be used to for a search box for my database. I know that I can make my own buttons (thanks Gotfusion for that help). But is it possible to make another set and add them to where I need them without messing up the existing buttons?

Ian

Default Re: Navigation button question.

Maybe use custom menus. You can make them look how you want. Include or
    exclude anything.

If your really sneaky you can have two or three custom menus on the same
    page and really get silly.

On 01/10/2011 17:52, dove-7 wrote:
    > So far all is fine with my navigation button bar that I made. Here's the
    > current situation that I'm looking for a solution to. On the navigation
    > bar, I have a couple of them where I added a drop down menu. I just want
    > the drop down menus to take you to the page and not the heading/tab
    > where the drop down menu is attached to. Example: *Directory* is the
    > name of one of the listing, but from the drop menu button there is
    > *Shops, events etc.* How do I make the *Directory* a not linkable
    > button?
    >
    > Another but relative question. I want to make a different set of
    > buttons (one) for that will be used to for a search box for my database.
    > I know that I can make my own buttons (thanks Gotfusion for that help).
    > But is it possible to make another set and add them to where I need them
    > without messing up the existing buttons?
    >
    >

--
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    So far all is fine with my navigation button bar that I made. Here's the current situation that I'm looking for a solution to. On the navigation bar, I have a couple of them where I added a drop down menu. I just want the drop down menus to take you to the page and not the heading/tab where the drop down menu is attached to. Example: Directory is the name of one of the listing, but from the drop menu button there is Shops, events etc. How do I make the Directory a not linkable button?
    As mentioned you need to use the custom option to create primary null links.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blankParentButto&#110.gif 
Views:	137 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	711

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    Another but relative question. I want to make a different set of buttons (one) for that will be used to for a search box for my database. I know that I can make my own buttons (thanks Gotfusion for that help). But is it possible to make another set and add them to where I need them without messing up the existing buttons?
    If you just want a static image you can make your button and place it like a normal image, if you want a active image (rollover or onclick change) you can use the rollover tool located on your toolbar. If your graphic is part of a form (submit button) you can choose a custom graphic on the forms tools submit palette.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thank you both.