Thread: IE displays are often jumbled, but FF and SeaMonkey OK

Default IE displays are often jumbled, but FF and SeaMonkey OK

I'm using NOF 12. The page I am talking about was uploaded to my server using NOF 12 and my new Windows 7 (64-bit) machine.

This problem does not occur with other pages on my web site, which are still NOF 8 uploaded from an XP machine. I am afraid to try NOF any further, as well as my Windows 7 machine, for fear that the problem will spread to the entire site.

The problem page is http://ponylope.com/stuart/stuart.html.

The page loads fine into Firefox and SeaMonkey. No problems ever.

However, the page often loads very badly into IE 8 and IE 9. And it loads badly in different ways, with different overlaps and different horrors. The problem has been reported by another user.

SOMETIMES I can get the page to loaded properly into IE by pressing Ctrl-F5. It may take six or eight times, but the page eventually will load. From the status messages, it appears to me that the elements are being brought in from the cache.

However, if I press Ctrl-F5, the page NEVER loads properly into IE8 or IE9. At this time, the status messages in the browser indicate that the elements are being downloaded.

Any idea of what I can do to persuade IE to properly load pages at all times?

Again, I have not seen this problem with Firefox or SeaMonkey. I have not tried other browsers.

I use 1and1.com for my server, if that has any relevance.

I will be grateful for any assistance!

Default More information about my issue

More information:

If I use Compatibility View in IE 8, the page will load or refresh correctly, whether with F5 or Ctrl-F5.

If I take IE out of Compatibility View, the problems return.

I do not care for this "solution." Shouldn't NOF 12 be building code that IE 8 can load correctly?

Maybe that question should be put differently: Shouldn't IE8 be able to correctly load the NOF 12 code that the other browsers load perfectly well?

I have found similar observations from other NOF users. Maybe we will get help from the senior members!