Thread: FrontPage site download to NOF?

Default FrontPage site download to NOF?

A society wants me to update its elderly FrontPage site (predominately Microsoft HTM).
    I need to be able to completely restructure the site as well as edit each page.
    Is there an option in NOF XII to download the complete FrontPage site to folder(s) in my hard disk (Windows 7) so that I can work on it?

I have no idea how many times I, and others, have answered this.

NO!

NOF is an HTML <B>GENERATOR</B>, it is not an HTML EDITOR.

Option 1. Use an HTML editor.

Option 2. Recrete the site in NOF.

Anyway, sounds like the task is a rebuild, not an edit, so Option 2 is the no brainer.

When I do jobs like this I download the entire web site to a hard drive using HTTRACK. It makes it much easier to cut/paste content, see the web site structure, etc when recreating the site and also, of course, allows you to work offline if that's an advantage (eg at times of high traffic when the web may slow down).

Thank you franko.
    I use Namo Web Editor 2006. I was wondering if things might have moved on since then?
    There is the occasional bug in NWE 2006 but from reviews the later versions are more buggy.
    I must look at HTTRACK.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FugleyKiwi View Post
    I have no idea how many times I, and others, have answered this.
    NO!
    NOF is an HTML <B>GENERATOR</B>, it is not an HTML EDITOR.
    Option 1. Use an HTML editor.
    Option 2. Recrete the site in NOF.
    Anyway, sounds like the task is a rebuild, not an edit, so Option 2 is the no brainer.
    Apologies 1Fug...
    I use Namo Web Editor 2006 which does everything but with the occasional bug. I was wondering if things might have moved on since then.
    Via franko's post: NWE 2006 '... allows me to download the entire web site to a hard drive .... It makes it much easier to cut/paste content, see the web site structure, etc when recreating the site and also, of course, allows you to work offline'
    Last edited by pjbw; 08-25-2011 at 01:46 PM.

franko,
    I tried HTTrack. Obviously its download facilities are much more feature-rich than Namo's. I tried downloading the FrontPage site using just the default options in HTT and it worked perfectly. I then opened HTT's download in Namo Web Editor's New Site option and this worked perfectly.
    I will keep HTT in case I need to download more modern sites which defeat Namo and then I might have to find another HTML editor.
    Last edited by pjbw; 08-26-2011 at 10:55 AM.