Thread: NetObject Fusion has to close (won't stay open!)

Default NetObject Fusion has to close (won't stay open!)

I am in the process of re-doing my website. All was OK until I got to the 3rd page when I kept receiving the message that 'NetObjects Fusion has encountered a problem and has to close'. When I start up again I get a message saying that an unstable file was encountered and NOF has to recover the file: no problems doing this and it opens OK.

When I go into page preview the page is not set up properly - there is a large space at the top and the text navigaton bar at the bottom of the page is duplicated, nothing is where it should be. I have tried deleting the page and starting again but the same thing happens. The only thing I am doing different is using a form - but this was fine for the first 2 pages.

What have I done to upset NOF? !!!

Are you pasting content in from outside Fusion (like from Word?)
    Last edited by chuckj; 01-12-2011 at 11:11 PM.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Only since the problem started - to keep a copy. I am using a logo that I have worked on in Coral photo/ paint - but I have used this before without any problems.

Thanks for the reply - this is starting to get really annoying. I have to keep closing the file to save the work I have done before I get thrown out and lose all.

Is the a new site file or one created in an earlier version of Fusion?
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

All I am doing is changing the layout - style and colours. I am using a basic, free version of NOF something I got to try a couple of years ago. This is a process I have done on other occasions without incident - the only thing I am doing this time that I have not done before is to use a form. My knowledge is still very basic: each time I learn something and make some progress I update the sites ! Perhaps I should stay ignorant.

Just a quick update: I am slowly making progress even though I have to keep closing. The site seems to close down more frequently when I click on the navigation bars and for some reason, these have not been automatically placed on all the pages - as has been the case in the past.

Following on from the query above, I have re-typed, not copied/pasted anything from word. Unfortunately, this does not seem to have made much difference. I am guessing that this has something to do with the Nav. bars or the form I am using - though I do not know why, or what I am doing to cause this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - I will have a read up on forms to see if I can find any clues.

It would be helpful if you could make a test folder, upload your content to that, and post a url.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I will have a go at the test folder - not something I have done before. I am on 'overload' with my very basic site - don't know how you manage to sort out so many but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    I will have a go at the test folder - not something I have done before. I am on 'overload' with my very basic site - don't know how you manage to sort out so many but thanks for trying.
    Here is a tutorial that might help you with the test folder: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4071
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Just as quickly as the problem started it seemed to go and eventually, I have managed to complete the changes. Not an ideal conclusion because I do not know what caused the problem. I have not managed to check out the tutorial yet but I will now. Thank you for the help and advise - and the hand holding !