Thread: Error 404 in FIrefox only, doc not found

Default Error 404 in FIrefox only, doc not found

I have been creating web site for local scout group with Fusion Essentials. Been updating a timetable which was an imported MS Word doc, changed it to a table within the web page instead, as the page decided to delete the left hand half inch or so. All is OK in Safari and IE, but in Firefox I get a 404 error, not found! Your browser cannot find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in. It is pointing to the original document I imported into the Layout, called scout_prog_autumn_2010_scout_v.........

The problem only happens going from the parent page to the child, not from the other child, it works then. All even works OK when Preview with Firefox within Essentials.

Have tried deleting the entire page and restarting, no change.

home page is www.29thcroydonscoutgroup.org.uk

parent page of problem is Scouts, button on left or Scouts logo at top gets there
    The problem child page is Scout Prog, If you go to Scout Photos first once in Scouts page, it goes to Scout Prog OK, no errors.

I tried the same thing with the Beavers and Cubs pages and everything seems fine.

Where is it trying to find this document, is it within Scouts or Scout Prog? as I cannot see anything in the source relating to it.
    Thanks
    Si

Quote Originally Posted by 29thcroydon View Post
    I have been creating web site for local scout group with Fusion Essentials. Been updating a timetable which was an imported MS Word doc, changed it to a table within the web page instead, as the page decided to delete the left hand half inch or so. All is OK in Safari and IE, but in Firefox I get a 404 error, not found! Your browser cannot find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in. It is pointing to the original document I imported into the Layout, called scout_prog_autumn_2010_scout_v.........

The problem only happens going from the parent page to the child, not from the other child, it works then. All even works OK when Preview with Firefox within Essentials.

Have tried deleting the entire page and restarting, no change.

home page is www.29thcroydonscoutgroup.org.uk

parent page of problem is Scouts, button on left or Scouts logo at top gets there
    The problem child page is Scout Prog, If you go to Scout Photos first once in Scouts page, it goes to Scout Prog OK, no errors.

I tried the same thing with the Beavers and Cubs pages and everything seems fine.

Where is it trying to find this document, is it within Scouts or Scout Prog? as I cannot see anything in the source relating to it.
    Thanks
    Si
    Hi 29thcroydon,

I have tested the site in several browsers, and specifically FireFox for both Mac and Windows without any problem. I would first ask if you have purged your browser cache, and if you haven't, go ahead and do so and retest.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Hi Adam

Many thanks for your reply and apologies for the time to me to reply, thought I got an email when a reply was posted, and then got bogged down in other things, just managed to squeeze time in again. My wife had tried the page on another pc and it gave the same error, but now I have no problem with it on either. Don't know what I did but it seems to work now.
    Thanks again for the info, will try it if problem recurs.

Si, 29th Croydon