Thread: Question on displaying a JPG from an XML node which references a changing URL

Default Question on displaying a JPG from an XML node which references a changing URL

Building a page which displays XML data in a layout form. One node of the XML schema references a URL which points to a JPG. I'd like the appropriate JPG displayed within the layout for each record in the XML feed. I can easily display the URL text by using the layout field label and the insert data source tool, but there doesn't seem to be a way to display the jpg the url references.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

If you are using the Data Source panel (View > More Panels > Data Sources) to bind to your XML data store. Then you can create a place holder image on your page. Finally use the Grid Inspector (View > Grid Inspector) panel to re-bind the SRC attribute to a node in your XML.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Data Bind SRC..png 
Views:	285 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	727  
    Mike
    NetObjects Technical Support
    forums.NetObjects.com

Default Solution!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If you are using the Data Source panel (View > More Panels > Data Sources) to bind to your XML data store. Then you can create a place holder image on your page. Finally use the Grid Inspector (View > Grid Inspector) panel to re-bind the SRC attribute to a node in your XML.
    Thanks, Mike! This approach works very nicely. I was experimenting with some Java, but this works without any coding and is very easy to do.