Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Captcha enigma question

Default Captcha enigma question

When I use the guestbook, administration, etc. scripts that are from NOF 11, the Captcha letters don't show up. It shows up as a broken link or with a question mark, depending which browser that you're on. All of the elements are in the folders. Attribute numbers are (755) fine on all items. And they match on the server side when I look at them after uploading the site to see if they were changed during the upload process.

Any solutions to this enigma?

Are you having any problems with the rest of the script. Like on the Admin page? The reason I ask is I am interested in a solution to this as well. From a previous post that never got a response: http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...tbook-problems.

This might take a little time to debug but the first thing both of you need to do is tell everyone what dynamic language you selected (asp or php) and post a URL to the problem page. After that, someone can look at what is happening and start making suggestions.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks Mike,
    For me it was .php but I gave up quite a while ago and went "after-market" which I think was best. I just thought I'd keep an eye on the post. In earlier versions I never had a problem until V11. At the time, it was frustrating to have a piece of the software that I couldn't get to work-and I thought I was pretty good with .php and NOF. I hate running into something I can't figure out! That's all.

Maybe this weekend I throw one together just to get your valued input on what is causing my "brain fade"...besides old age!

Thanks for the response!
    David
    Last edited by wtpooh55; 01-14-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    This might take a little time to debug but the first thing both of you need to do is tell everyone what dynamic language you selected (asp or php) and post a URL to the problem page. After that, someone can look at what is happening and start making suggestions.
    It's PHP that I'm using.

Quote Originally Posted by wtpooh55 View Post
    Are you having any problems with the rest of the script. Like on the Admin page? The reason I ask is I am interested in a solution to this as well. From a previous post that never got a response: http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...tbook-problems.
    So far it is only the Captcha on the Guestbook and Admin pages that don't show up. I had Adam look at this via email, nothing wrong on my side. He confirmed what I had already addressed. He got it working, but I'm wagering that he got it working in NOF 12. He never told me which version that he's using.
    Last edited by dove-7; 01-14-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    So far it is only the Captcha on the Guestbook and Admin pages that don't show up. I had Adam look at this via email, nothing wrong on my side. He confirmed what I had already addressed. He got it working, but I'm wagering that he got it working in NOF 12. He never told me which version that he's using.
    dove-7,

I took the local publish you sent me and directly uploaded to my server without altering anything. The missing captcha images are most likely something specific to your server setup with your host. That is not to say it is something is setup incorrectly, just in a way that is preventing the captcha images from being generated. As I stated, after looking into the code further, I found that the scripting doesn't even rely on any image processor on the server, it seems to be completely independent.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    dove-7,

I took the local publish you sent me and directly uploaded to my server without altering anything. The missing captcha images are most likely something specific to your server setup with your host. That is not to say it is something is setup incorrectly, just in a way that is preventing the captcha images from being generated. As I stated, after looking into the code further, I found that the scripting doesn't even rely on any image processor on the server, it seems to be completely independent.
    And I've also explained more than once that it's not something on the server end. I've used this software in the past and the Captcha showed up. Sometime it would show and sometimes it wouldn't as well as other items would do in the java program. There were times that the entire item would display and then you upload again (without me modifying it.) and a big grey box would show. The only way that I could get it working again was to exit and restart the program. I also pointed out to you the two times that you'd asked me, that I had the techs. look into this and there was nothing out of the ordinary on my side. Trust, I've had things in the past that I noticed, (Not NOF related) they saw it and would either correct it or let me know and I correct it. Plus they would show me. This is not a server issue, this s something in NOF 11.

And yes, I'm aware that the scripting doesn't rely on a image processor. Just like the script doesn't rely on me making a data base on the server side for the NOF PHP to work. If you're using NOF 12, that might be why it's working. Mayhaps they fixed the issue before the release. But you never confirmed which one that you used when you tested out my website.
    Last edited by dove-7; 01-14-2011 at 09:05 PM.

This does sound similar to what is happening with my graphics and WebDAV publish! Publish once, graphics show up in web site. After that, though, graphics missing from preview and any subsequent publish. Only option is to exit from NOF and get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    This does sound similar to what is happening with my graphics and WebDAV publish! Publish once, graphics show up in web site. After that, though, graphics missing from preview and any subsequent publish. Only option is to exit from NOF and get back in.

Ditto. This has been an issue that has been discussed for a several years now. I've had this happen with older NOF programs too. I've been at the web and coding game for a bit now. I'm not the numero uno at this, but I know when it's not on my server's end. I've been with them since 1999 and they cover a lot. If something is off, they see it and will either correct it or let me. And they will show me the error keeping me from preventing it again.