Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Captcha enigma question

Some follow up information on session.save_path

In newer versions of PHP this does not typically have to be changed from the default. You could first try to comment out the custom setting (ie ;session.save_path...) It is also a potential security risk if you use a world-readable location such as "public_html", as malicious users could hi-jack sessions. If you must specify or alter this PHP.INI setting, then conceder using a location accessible only by your www-data user and one that is regularly garbage collected (session assets do build up).

To reiterate this is a server side PHP setting not a Fusion setting. For further information please see the entry for session.save_path in the PHP manual

A special thanks to David for deep diving into this issue.
    Mike
    NetObjects Technical Support
    forums.NetObjects.com

Quote Originally Posted by wtpooh55 View Post
    Not a problem,

In the php.ini file on the server, this is what is there as the default: session.save_path = /var/php_sessions

and these were the directions on what to replace it with:

For DocumentRoot ending in /htdocs or /public_html: sessions.save_path = /home/users/web/b556/pr.username/public_html/phpsessions
    where pr is an abbreviation for the host's name, username is your hosting account username, and /public_html could be /htdocs instead.

For DocumentRoot NOT ending in /htdocs or /public_html: sessions.save_path = /home/users/web/b556/pr.username/cgi-bin/tmp
    where "pr" is the abbreviation for the host's name, and username is your hosting account username

This path for the document root is on the control panel and I'm sure is also sent out in an email when the OP originally set up his account.

If I can be of more help, please let me know.

David
    Thanks David. I sent this to my host. I'm going to let them do this.