Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Captcha enigma question

I'm pretty sure that mine is interaction between NOF and the WebDAV publishing. I have no problems with local publish (to a local or network drive) or FTP publish. I've had quite a few students using FrontPage 2003 and WebDAV publishing to the same space that disagrees with NOF. If they'd had problems, I'd have known about it! Something in NOF is causing it to lose links when I WebDAV publish. Surely wish they could figure out what the problem is. Don't really like having to tell my students that every time they publish, they'll have to exit from NOF and get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by wtpooh55 View Post
    Thanks Mike,
    For me it was .php but I gave up quite a while ago and went "after-market" which I think was best. I just thought I'd keep an eye on the post. In earlier versions I never had a problem until V11. At the time, it was frustrating to have a piece of the software that I couldn't get to work-and I thought I was pretty good with .php and NOF. I hate running into something I can't figure out! That's all.

Maybe this weekend I throw one together just to get your valued input on what is causing my "brain fade"...besides old age!

Thanks for the response!
    David
    I rolled my own guestbook coding along with a contact form and link farm back in Fusion 8. Here is the demo page if you want to play around with it. http://www.gotfusion.com/GF-addons-demo/
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks Mike............
    I appreciate it. I'll kick it around a bit. As always, your presence here is blessing!

David

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I'm pretty sure that mine is interaction between NOF and the WebDAV publishing. I have no problems with local publish (to a local or network drive) or FTP publish. I've had quite a few students using FrontPage 2003 and WebDAV publishing to the same space that disagrees with NOF. If they'd had problems, I'd have known about it! Something in NOF is causing it to lose links when I WebDAV publish. Surely wish they could figure out what the problem is. Don't really like having to tell my students that every time they publish, they'll have to exit from NOF and get back in.
    I agree with this. It's similar to the ftp issue that I have. I think that something gets corrupt or isn't communicating during the upload process. But I can't see it in the code. It might be something subtle or just bad coding within the software. I've been reading some of the online reviews of the program minus the new one. And in the reviews, poor stability comes up. Especially the crash part. I'm not here trying to defame NOF. I think that it's a good program. The reviewers say the same, but like the reviewers pointed out, it's those certain things that can make the program a pain to work with and the legacy issues are passed on to each new software. I think the problem too with the techs. is, they figure if it works on their end, all is fine. Which is not always the case.
    Last edited by dove-7; 01-15-2011 at 12:40 AM.

I think that NOF loses track of the link the the graphics locally during the publish because once you publish, the graphics disappear when you preview, so even though they are local and they haven't moved anywhere, NOF no longer knows where they are. Publishing from that point on doesn't publish the graphics because NOF the links are broken. Since I don't know how NOF keeps track of graphics, I can't speculate how the links get broken, but they do. Interesting that it happens with FTP for you. I've not had any problems with FTP as far as I know. Didn't see this until the last few days when I started working with WebDAV space.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I think that NOF loses track of the link the the graphics locally during the publish because once you publish, the graphics disappear when you preview, so even though they are local and they haven't moved anywhere, NOF no longer knows where they are. Publishing from that point on doesn't publish the graphics because NOF the links are broken. Since I don't know how NOF keeps track of graphics, I can't speculate how the links get broken, but they do. Interesting that it happens with FTP for you. I've not had any problems with FTP as far as I know. Didn't see this until the last few days when I started working with WebDAV space.

I'm thinking the same too. I think that I may go the Filezilla route and see what happens. When I ftp the site, it's with the NOF ftp.

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    I'm thinking the same too. I think that I may go the Filezilla route and see what happens. When I ftp the site, it's with the NOF ftp.
    If you haven't used FileZilla before I have a tutorial on setting it up if you want to take a look: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4066

It is specific to gotFusion web hosting so you will need to get details from your web host and substitute what is required for you. Outside of the specific server log in details, the rest of the tutorial is universal for any web hosting.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Good morning Mike.
    So, I've been playing. www.wtpcreations.com I have set up a guestbook and as you can see, the captcha is a red x and if you login to the administrator page (login is admin) and then try to validate it just closes the page (so to speak) and the guest book info does not get displayed "above" (which is where it is set to) the gustbook sign up. On the server is PHP version 5.2.12, Debian Platform. Not sure what other info you may need. Scripts folder and contents are set to 777 as well as the database folder and contents.

Thanks,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    If you haven't used FileZilla before I have a tutorial on setting it up if you want to take a look: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4066

It is specific to gotFusion web hosting so you will need to get details from your web host and substitute what is required for you. Outside of the specific server log in details, the rest of the tutorial is universal for any web hosting.

Yeah, I use it for all of my ftp. Here's a strange thing and I've seen this in the past a few years back when I tried uploading files from NOF to my site through Filezilla. When I go to the folder (publishing folder) and upload the content, I noticed that the content is not up to date. It shows published content from on the 12th of this month. Odd, it's as if it's not saving or updating to the published folder.

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    Yeah, I use it for all of my ftp. Here's a strange thing and I've seen this in the past a few years back when I tried uploading files from NOF to my site through Filezilla. When I go to the folder (publishing folder) and upload the content, I noticed that the content is not up to date. It shows published content from on the 12th of this month. Odd, it's as if it's not saving or updating to the published folder.
    You should get into the habit of cleaning up your work folders to avoid seeing this: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029