Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Captcha enigma question

Quote Originally Posted by wtpooh55 View Post
    Good morning Mike.
    So, I've been playing. www.wtpcreations.com I have set up a guestbook and as you can see, the captcha is a red x and if you login to the administrator page (login is admin) and then try to validate it just closes the page (so to speak) and the guest book info does not get displayed "above" (which is where it is set to) the gustbook sign up. On the server is PHP version 5.2.12, Debian Platform. Not sure what other info you may need. Scripts folder and contents are set to 777 as well as the database folder and contents.

Thanks,
    David
    That's exactly what the captcha box looks like on mine. And the content attribute numbers are the same. Nothing off on the server end. I'm using php too. This is what I've been trying to explain to Adam. It's not a server thing it's a NOF conflict. Here's what I'm thinking and this is just a wild guess. When you save your current work, the publishing folder on the NOF side content doesn't update to that folder. I noticed this with my folder and noticed this back in 2009 when I tried to go the Filezilla route. So when I upload the content from the Publishing file (it's the only one), it will content from 3 days ago or maybe older than that. NOF seems to update the current content through their ftp. I was trying to the Filezilla route to see if the ftp from NOF is just bad. But I'm not able to retrieve the updated publishing files on Filezilla.

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    You should get into the habit of cleaning up your work folders to avoid seeing this: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029
    Yeap. That crossed my mind after seeing that. I took care of that. Thanks. Let me see what happens now.

OK.. I just made a guestbook in Fusion 12.

Using PHP as the default language

Uploaded it to my Red Hat Linux server using Fusion remote publish (not external FTP).

No problems for me with the captcha showing up:

http://www.fusionkb.com/fusionkb-ftp/GB/

Have you talked to your web host about this problem?

* * * * EDIT * * * *

Have you tried making a new blank site with nothing but the guestbook and the admin page as I did in my example?

Do you still have the same issue on your hosted domain?

Trying to see if there are other possibilities. If you cannot create 2 pages with the guestbook and admin then I think your issue may be outside of the product. (maybe)
    Last edited by gotFusion; 01-15-2011 at 04:50 PM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

OK.. I just made a guestbook in Fusion 12.

Using PHP as the default language

Uploaded it to my Red Hat Linux server.

No problems for me with the captcha showing up:

http://www.fusionkb.com/fusionkb-ftp/GB/

Have you talked to your web host about this problem?
    Well that confirms my other point. You're using 12. I and the other guy are using version 11. Adam also got the captcha working but he never answered my question on which version that he's using. I'm wagering that he too is using version 12. If you look at the other guy's site he's having the same problem in version 11.

Webhost. Yes. That's what Adam and I were going back n forth over. As I had said more than once, it's not a server issue. They've checked. If you look at the other member on here that have a link on this page to his site, you'll see that same broken link. It's not a server issue.

Here is his link again. http://www.wtpcreations.com/guestbook/guestbook.php
    Last edited by dove-7; 01-15-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    Well that confirms my other point. You're using 12. I and the other guy are using version 11.
    It works on my server in 11 also

http://www.fusionkb.com/fusionkb-ftp/GB11/
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

It works on my server in 11 also

http://www.fusionkb.com/fusionkb-ftp/GB11/

how are you ftp your test site? through nof ftp or another ftp. i'm wondering why the other user is experiencing the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    how are you ftp your test site? through nof ftp or another ftp. i'm wondering why the other user is experiencing the same issue
    Both versions (11 and 12) were completed using Fusion remote publish. The other user in this thread (wtpooh55) is using Fusion 12 which is why I initially created a guestbook site with 12 (version 11 does not have the style they used, only 12 has it). The URL he posted was a Fusion 12 built site

Did you try making a site with 2 pages (guestbook + admin)?

If you can create a new clean site with only the component on it we can start looking at your existing site project for a problem. If you cannot create a 2 page site with 1 component the problem is more than likely external (your web host) or a component settings problem.

Did you change any of the default settings (default captcha, default input fields, default db location, smtp settings, etc)? There are a lot of variables that have to be sorted through before we can get past the "it don't work and I don't know why" stage.

Thanks for looking at it Mike.

Like I said, it's just frustrating. It's not like I need it.

Good luck Dove-7. Hope you find your answer. Don't get too frustrated. There is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Again thanks....................
    David

Both versions (11 and 12) were completed using Fusion remote publish. The other user in this thread (wtpooh55) is using Fusion 12 which is why I initially created a guestbook site with 12 (version 11 does not have the style they used, only 12 has it). The URL he posted was a Fusion 12 built site

Did you try making a site with 2 pages (guestbook + admin)?

If you can create a new clean site with only the component on it we can start looking at your existing site project for a problem. If you cannot create a 2 page site with 1 component the problem is more than likely external (your web host) or a component settings problem.

Did you change any of the default settings (default captcha, default input fields, default db location, smtp settings, etc)? There are a lot of variables that have to be sorted through before we can get past the "it don't work and I don't know why" stage.
    Keep this in mind, in context of you quoting me, that had more to do with Adam concluding that it is a server issue and not asking or addressing other variables. I'm not here to say something don't work and that's it. I'm here to get some help by checking other things. But if Adam conclude that it's one thing and that's it, that quote is where the conversation will end at. And that's the irony form Adam. He's concluding that it's a server issue. With that said, you've have gave me more help by checking options to see if those things may be a possibility. Plus, when I sent the files to Adam, there was nothing odd that he noticed. He confirmed that my files were fine. But I will check into this to see what's up.

I've created an FTP account on my Linux server if you want to upload to another piece of hardware to see if everything works for you. I will PM you with the log in details. If you have the same issue with your pages on my hosting that you do with your other host then we can move forward.

Until we start eliminating some of the possibilities we will go around in a circle as no one knows where to start looking.