Thread: problems with e-commerce tool: a_spacer file missing and not correct spacing

Default problems with e-commerce tool: a_spacer file missing and not correct spacing

Hi All,
    This is my first port, I' new of this forum.

Problem 1)
    Publishing the website on tyhe local machine I have the folowing message:

Can't copy file: C:\Users\<my user>\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\<mywebsite>\Preview\Autogen\a_spacer_938.gif
    Impossibile trovare il file specificato.
    (error1)

Problem 2) When the publishing is completed, on the preview I can see one incorrect (too big) space between the different items (image1). On the simple pleview during the creation of the page the spacing is correct (image2)

I have the doubt that the 2 issues are connected. The problem is the same with internet explorer and google chrome.

please help

ciao
    ilgreco
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1..jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	724   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2..jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	725   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	errormessage..jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	726  

Quote Originally Posted by ilgrecomoto View Post
    Hi All,
    This is my first port, I' new of this forum.

Problem 1)

Can't copy file: C:\Users\<my user>\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\<mywebsite>\Preview\Autogen\a_spacer_938.gif
    (error1)

Problem 2) When the publishing is completed, on the preview I can see one incorrect (too big) space between the different items (image1). On the simple pleview during the creation of the page the spacing is correct (image2)

I have the doubt that the 2 issues are connected. The problem is the same with internet explorer and google chrome.

please help

ciao
    ilgreco
    Look inside of your folder and see if the gifs are there. If they're not there, it won't publish them.

I wonder why it's looking in the Preview directory? it should be putting it in the preview dir not copying it from there. ...or did I miss something?

Not to mention the fact that lots of things don't work right in preview, sitemappers for one. I've noticed a few posts about preview causing issues. Try a local publish instead, you might get more accuate results. You might also check to see what the setting is on the html, try xhtml if it is on something else.

Problem 1)

(error1)
    Hi Ilgreco, I've reproduced the issue with missing spacers on the List Page. This will be addressed in a future update soon. In most browsers the missing spacer will not be visible to your site visitors.

I haven't been able to recreate this issue yet. Which version of Internet Explorer are you using?
    You could see if the spacing improves by trying a different "List Page" layout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Region capture 1..png 
Views:	250 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	731  
    Mike
    NetObjects Technical Support
    forums.NetObjects.com