Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Win7 NOF 11 publish problems

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Check.

Already set to 'allow' for both Home & Public.

I think I looked into doing that early on, before I posted here.

What other software do you have installed (especially AV, etc)?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

ZA - Firewall
    MS Security Essdentials - AV
    MalwareBytes
    CCleaner
    Office 2007
    Adobe Creative Suite
    ACDSee
    FileZilla
    DropBox
    Quickbooks
    HP OfficeJet Printer
    and a few other random programs.

I removed almost all the Bloatware that was pre-installed.

ZA - Firewall
    MalwareBytes
    CCleaner
    Office 2007
    Adobe Creative Suite
    ACDSee
    FileZilla
    DropBox
    Quickbooks
    HP OfficeJet Printer

I wonder if CCleaner is your problem. Do you use this to clean your registry? I'm wondering if this may have messed up your registry. Something else hit me recently that made me think about what crossed my mind in the past and your post is bringing me back to it again. Like you, I too use Adobe Creative Suite and wonder if there is some type of conflict between Dream Weaver and NOF.

Actually I have CS5 Design Standard which does not have Dreamweaver. I've always relied on NOF. lol

I have used CCleaner on the registry - especially after removing the bloatware.
    NOF hasn't worked from it's initial installation - not like I installed NOF and ran the Reg. Cleaner right afterwards.
    Unless you're thinking the reg cleaner messed up something FTP-wise. But then why would FileZilla still work? Quite perplexing aint it?

NOF 11 also did the same thing when I ran it within XP Mode.

ZA - Firewall
    MalwareBytes
    CCleaner
    Office 2007
    Adobe Creative Suite
    ACDSee
    FileZilla
    DropBox
    Quickbooks
    HP OfficeJet Printer

You are running ZA and windows firewall? You should not run more than 1 firewall and 1 AV program You need to remove either ZA or windows firewall

temporarily disable ZA and test
    Last edited by gotFusion; 01-22-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

No. I have never run both at once. But when I shut down ZA, Windows Firewall automatically turns on.
    I have then manually turned that off as well and tested. Also tested with Security Essentials off.

I have also tested with every other un-needed programs and tasks shut down through Task Manager.

I'm having exactly the same problem. NOF 11 running on win7x64. When it comes to publishing, some of the files are not published, and NOF quits with an error message. The number of the files varies as well as their identity. Uploading with DW and FileZilla works fine. Does not happen on local publishing. I'm using Kaspersky AV 2011 and standard windows firewall.

Don't take this the wrong way cyana, but YAY!!! I was beginning to think that I was the ONLY person in the world experiencing this problem!

I have also let it keep trying to publish, and after at least an hour it would finish (just a handful of small files) but with many errors of files that it could not upload.

Have you tried doing any troubleshooting? Do you have an AMD or Intel processor?
    I posted on a Windows 7 forum recently to see if anyone there has any ideas, but have not heard anything back yet.

I was not aware of your thread because I posted my problem in the german speaking forum. My machine has a Xeon 6core 5680. Till now, no workaround in sight besides upgrading to 12 that hopefully cures the problem. I tried all suggestions I got from the very helpful german community, basically launching NOF 11 with admin option, exporting & reimporting the site, and deleting everything on the server and republish.

The oddest thing I found out that the java scripts jquery.js and rollover.js are never published and there is no way to persuade NOF 11 to upload it onto the server, while the other missing files mostly are graphics and autogen graphics, however their identity varies so at one time file xy is uploaded but the next time it won't.

It appears to me that publishing stops working after a certain period of time (around 5 secs. in my case)

best greetings
    Cyana

You are most deffo not alone. Same problem here in XP. I am going to try building one page at a time and adding content to see when it crashes. I have been messing around since monday
    TwD

UPDATE
    I tried uploading one empty home page. Same problem.
    Last edited by Touchwoodsden; 01-26-2011 at 03:21 PM.