Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Win7 NOF 11 publish problems

Question Win7 NOF 11 publish problems

Hello,

I recently got a new AMD quad-core computer with Windows 7 Pro 64bit, wireless net connection.

I saved off all my sites as templates from my old XP machine after making sure all the assets were intact/correct.

Installation on Win7 went fine. Opening and editing sites went fine, but when I go to publish only the first few files upload. It never gets past 10% and it hangs for a long time, and eventually fails. It usually stops at after only a couple files and at about 2%.

I edited the properties for the .exe file to grant admin permissions and still the same thing.
    I have even gone through each of the "emulate XP, XP SP2, SP3 ,Vista modes" and I still can't publish.

My net connection is 10mb through Uverse and everything else on the computer connects fine, so I don't think it has anything to do with a slow connection.

I tried XP Mode, but it does the same thing in there too.

Anyone experience this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    -Rich

Have you tried toggling on/off passive mode in your remote publish profile advanced settings?

Can you do a local publish then use FileZilla to upload the files? If you still have issues using a 3rd party FTP program then the issue is not with Fusion.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks for the reply.

I toggled the passive mode on and off and still get the same results. I did seem to get a little farther with passive mode off, but still stalled out for several minutes.
    It actually picked back up (after 5-10 minutes) and finished - but with errors - saying it couldn upload a few of the files to the server.

I published the site locally and uploaded it with FileZilla without problems. It uploaded as quick as I would expect in NOF.
    FTPing is no problem. Neither is uploading to Box.net or DropBox. Only in NOF am I having issues.

Even if I try to cancel the lagging upload when trying to publish, I have to wait 5-10 minutes before I can get control over the program again (along with an upload error message).

I use ZoneAlarm free for a firewall, but that's never been an issue before - unless it's something with Windows 7..? I also LinkSys DSL/Cable router. Could there be an issue with that in Windows 7? Seems odd all other uploading/downloading is ok though.

Any other ideas that I can try? I'm at my wits end.

----

Also, unrelated (I think) - The site I've just started working on is giving me a "A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer might become unresponsive" error. It's just a little Twitter feed script. I have it on another site that I worked on that site is fine. The test site is http://streamlinedesign.com/ddatlb/ - and the site where the code works fine is http://www.legacytkd.com/index.html
    Maybe I should start a different thread for that?

Thank you again for you time!
    -Rich

Smile I face the same problem too in WINXP + FUSION 11 upload

Hi

I also with this problem on WinXP + Fusion 11, so hope their FUSION12 can fix it, if not, nobody will purchase it.

You can try several pages ( not all) upload, then feel better !

I also try Filezilla upload with no problem but quit difficult to do since need to do more work before upload.

thanks
    Brian

I never had a problem with this in XP and have used NOF for many years.

I also wanted to note that I installed ver 10 on the Windows 7 computer and it does the same thing.
    Then I installed XP Mode and after getting that all set up and updated (couple hours later) installed ver 11 and got the same thing in XP mode! :-(

Is it an issue with the Windows 7? The computer I'm using? It's a new HP p6610f

-Rich

Quote Originally Posted by brianay View Post
    Hi

I also with this problem on WinXP + Fusion 11, so hope their FUSION12 can fix it, if not, nobody will purchase it.

You can try several pages ( not all) upload, then feel better !

I also try Filezilla upload with no problem but quit difficult to do since need to do more work before upload.

thanks
    Brian
    Using FileZilla is no more work. Have you gone over my tutorials on setting it up so that it is a 1 click connect and setting the sync so that both local and remote folders move together? http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4066 The tutorial is geared to my web hosting so check with your web host for what connection settings they require

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I never had a problem with this in XP and have used NOF for many years.

I also wanted to note that I installed ver 10 on the Windows 7 computer and it does the same thing.
    Then I installed XP Mode and after getting that all set up and updated (couple hours later) installed ver 11 and got the same thing in XP mode! :-(

Is it an issue with the Windows 7? The computer I'm using? It's a new HP p6610f

-Rich
    Download and give windows security essentials a shot for your AV software and set windows firewall as your default firewall program.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

This will take the ZA software out of the loop. If your issue clears up you have found the problem, if not we will need to dig deeper.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Already using MS Security Essentials. I shut down ZA, and even made sure the Windows Firewall was not on and it's still doing the same thing. Over and over it just seems to upload, or be in the middle of uploading the first file in the queue and it hangs. In this case it's hanging at 6%.
    I get sick of waiting and usually kill the process in Task Manager. I even tried it after having ZA off AND Security Essentials. Since 10 does the same thing, I'm guessing 12 probably would too...? It would be nice to try it just to see.

can you post a URL?

Yep: http://streamlinedesign.com/ddatlb/ is where I have been trying to publish the test site. What's out there now are the files I uploaded using FileZilla.
    I just checked the site and it was just down for a few minutes (as was the parent hosting site) but it seems to be back up now.
    In the meantime while that was down I thought I would test a completely different host (1and1), and it's doing the same thing there too. Hung at 6%
    I was hoping it was the hosting site...

I have also ruled out the wireless connection. I hooked up the computer via network cable and still a no go.