Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Win7 NOF 11 publish problems

Here are some of the things I tried.

• Installed and re-installed several times
    • Installed version 10 (same thing happens)
    • Upgraded to Pro and installed in XP Mode - same thing
    • Turned off ZoneAlarm firewall
    • Turned off Windows Firewall (never ran Windows and ZA's firewalls at the same time)
    • Switched from wireless to wired network
    • Shut off Microsoft Essentials
    • Always ran the program with admin rights
    • Toggled the passive FTP connect on and off
    • Made sure Windows Firewall was allowing NOF (even though I wasn't using it)
    • Tested FileZilla for FTP uploads and it works fine
    • Local publish works fine
    • Set the Java to 1.6 in NOFs preferences
    • Posted in a Windows forum (haven't got a reply)

And many combinations of the above.

Quite frustrating.

I'd like to try 12, but I don't want to find it wont work and have wasted the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Here are some of the things I tried.

• Installed and re-installed several times
    • Installed version 10 (same thing happens)
    • Upgraded to Pro and installed in XP Mode - same thing
    • Turned off ZoneAlarm firewall
    • Turned off Windows Firewall (never ran Windows and ZA's firewalls at the same time)
    • Switched from wireless to wired network
    • Shut off Microsoft Essentials
    • Always ran the program with admin rights
    • Toggled the passive FTP connect on and off
    • Made sure Windows Firewall was allowing NOF (even though I wasn't using it)
    • Tested FileZilla for FTP uploads and it works fine
    • Local publish works fine
    • Set the Java to 1.6 in NOFs preferences
    • Posted in a Windows forum (haven't got a reply)

And many combinations of the above.

Quite frustrating.

I'd like to try 12, but I don't want to find it wont work and have wasted the money.
    I remember when this happened to me when I was using NOF 8. I had to do a local ftp first. Have you tried calling your host to see if there's a conflict? I wonder if it's possible that your files are too large for a direct ftp. How large is you website?

FWIW - suddenly it works for me. No idea why, I actually gave up on tweaking around. The last action I did was assigning a background picture to my design. Now it works. I can't really believe that it has something to do with our problem, but then I thought I should share it with you just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    I remember when this happened to me when I was using NOF 8. I had to do a local ftp first. Have you tried calling your host to see if there's a conflict? I wonder if it's possible that your files are too large for a direct ftp. How large is you website?
    Yes, I have tried uploading to 3 different hosts, and none work. I should have added that to my list of things I tried. Too many things to remember them all. lol
    I know the files aren't too large. I created a new site with 5 pages and just a text box with a random text paragraph. Nothing has worked.
    I never had any problems with any sites, hosts, firewalls, or anything else when I used the program on XP.

Quote Originally Posted by cyana View Post
    FWIW - suddenly it works for me. No idea why, I actually gave up on tweaking around. The last action I did was assigning a background picture to my design. Now it works. I can't really believe that it has something to do with our problem, but then I thought I should share it with you just in case.
    Did you assign the image on the page edit, or within the style section?
    Are you able to consistently upload with no problems?

Quote Originally Posted by cyana View Post
    That's the enigma using NOF. I"m currently having that problem. The Handler forms won't show the captcha. In the past I had this problem. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. When I exit the program in the past, and ftp the site, it works. It's weird. Now I can't get them to work period.

Yes, I have tried uploading to 3 different hosts, and none work. I should have added that to my list of things I tried. Too many things to remember them all. lol
    I know the files aren't too large. I created a new site with 5 pages and just a text box with a random text paragraph. Nothing has worked.
    I never had any problems with any sites, hosts, firewalls, or anything else when I used the program on XP.
    yeah. same here. in the past all was fine when I used xp.

Default aaaggghhh...

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    How large is you website?
    I tried just one blank home page as a test with the same result.

I am using XPP.

I am thinking of unistalling and going back to NOF7 or 8
    Last edited by Touchwoodsden; 01-27-2011 at 10:01 AM.

If you have no issues using FileZilla why not local publish and use that to upload?

This FileZilla tutorial is geared to my web hosting company but you should be able to substitute info for your hosting account (ask them, they may have written a tutorial as I have) http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4066
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Did you assign the image on the page edit, or within the style section?
    Are you able to consistently upload with no problems?
    I've added the picture in the style section. And yes, it is consistent, even more - when I switch to the backup of my site that was made before the change, the problem reappears. It might not have to do specifically with the background picture, but I have the strong suspicion that the problem originates from a flaw in the style sheets. You might want to try it for yourself - make a backup of your site, then change the layout to any default style sheet. and try to publish it. I do not even have to make a local publishing first, when I publish the working version of my site.

Wether or not the style sheets are involved in the problem - it seems to be clear now that the problem comes with the data and not with the program.