Thread: Animated Roll-Over Navi buttons

Default Animated Roll-Over Navi buttons

Hiya there,

I'd like to add animated roll-over buttons with sound, exactly similar to those found here...

http://www.swizzels-matlow.com/

Does anyone have any advice how I might go about such a task, is NetOb11 capable of this sort of thing? Creating the animations and images is fairly easy to me, but I'm not sure how to implement into a Net Objects-created site effectively.

I look forward to any advice or info.

Thanks,
    Shanners.

That site is all Flash.

They aren't simple rollovers.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

You can create many things with NOF tools like nav bar, or including Java mouseover, or with the rollover component. Sounds? Should be possible, I haven't looked at that for ages..

I must admit that I find that site horrible and I don't recommend you use sounds in a website.

Thanks guys... I agree that this is a bad idea now, having checked the example site out on my iPhone and it wouldn't load anything due to Flash incompatibilty. This would be a massive error for me to create a self-promoting website that people can't even open on their smart phone. i also agree largely about sound on websites, it's usually dreadful. Thanks for the tips again! :0)

Default Solution

I am using SoundManager (the first version) and it works great. You can check it out at http://www.bookmarksforlife.com.
    I haven't tested the second version yet, but it should be better.
    It uses Javascript to access the Flash sound component.

http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/

Cheers!

shanners,
    This can be done by using Actions in NOF. To see how it is done, there is a very good tutorial on the NOF website. Just navigate your way to the Product Documentation page. Click on the link for Version 9 - Online Users Guide. From here click on the Online Users Guide to expand the list. Find the heading Building Dynamic Pages / Creating A Button Rollover. If you also read some of the other tutorials I'm sure you can add an action to play your sound file at Mouse_Over.
    Bert542