Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: forms are giving me a problem again

Default forms are giving me a problem again

Seems every time I upgrade Fusion I have issues. I am currently giving this site a fresh upload after clearing the Preview and local publish folders. Hopefully that will solve another problem I had where some of the old pages were displaying instead of the new ones.....though I even checked on the server and could not find the old files? But anyway.....

I am having a problem I have had before. I have a lengthy form, which I custom made, not through the form handler wizard thingie. When I submit the form the info DOES come to me properly on e-mail, however, the user gets a 500 error and does not get rerouted to the success url. I copied all the settings from the old site, which was working fine, so I don't know why it has suddenly decided not to work. I could really use to get this working today! The site is www.campgrace.com and it is the summer registration form linked on the home page that won't re-rout. Actually none of the forms are going correctly to their rerout site, but this is the most urgent one. Any help?

I can revert to the old site in 11 if I have to, but my code is much cleaner in my redone version in 12 so I would rather not.

I'm finding in further search that 12 does not name the pages exactly the same way that 11 did. This may be my problem. Am going to change this to what I think it should be and try again after publish. And darn it, that means I'll have to change all my paypal buttons as well.

Page names should be all lowercase with no spaces.

If you do this, Fusion won't add underscores (pre-12) or dashes to page file names.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

I'm working in 12. When I put in ../Summer-Camp/Summer-Registration/Successful-Registration/successful-registration.html as the success URL I get a 500 error.
    When I type in http://www.cbmcampgrace.com/Summer-C...istration.html it does take me to the desired page on my web browser, so why won't the form go there?

Does there have to be a "Forms Manager" page somewhere, even though I am not using the wizard type form?

Quote Originally Posted by vegaburm View Post
    Does there have to be a "Forms Manager" page somewhere, even though I am not using the wizard type form?
    Depends.....

If you have run the formhandler component and selected that you want to use a database then you must run the wizard and have a forms manager page. Take a look at this URL and see if it helps: http://www.learnnof.com/PHPform2.swf
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I did NOT use the Forms Handler as described here. I created a layout area that was a form and inserted the Form elements manually. I prefer the freedom to move things around this way. Let me say again, I did this SAME form in 11 and it was working fine, and I did it the SAME way. Yes the file names are different in 11, but I have found the correct file, found it's web address, looked it up on the web to be sure it works and I am still getting a error 500. I have tried variations on the success file name: tried ../Summer-Camp/Summer-Registration/Successful-Registration/successful-registration.html tried with three dots .../Summer-Camp/Summer-Registration/Successful-Registration/successful-registration.html tried the full name http://www.cbmcampgrace.com/Summer-C...istration.html Not sure what else to try.

Quote Originally Posted by vegaburm View Post
    I did NOT use the Forms Handler as described here. .
    What outside script are you using to process the form if you are not using Fusion to process the form? Your success page should be set in the processing script not Fusion.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

See this is my confusion....when you do the submit button you enter all the information for the form. The server, to , from, etc. and it says "form Handler PHP" in the "action" section. But I don't use the form handler component and wizard as described in your tutorial.

See screenshot for where this info is entered.