Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frequent Freezes/Crashes when using NOF-12

I will try your suggestion reinstall on the physical drive for Windows XP then see about Exporting.

I have fixed the problems I was having on XP pro & nof11 where I could not Export into a Template. Found 2 Assets that showed were being used but had "0" bytes so I deleted them and this allowed me to Export the file.
    Now I have the Exported file loaded into Windows 7 pro 64 Nof12 and seemed to stop the Crashing.

I now have found another problem that I don't have using XP.
    I finished making changes to a few pages and Published the site Local then attempted to Publish Remotely. It will gather all pages quickly and then starts to transfer gets to about 2% and freezes. I have to use Task Manager to End program. Now I am back to where this issue originally started. NOF12 is on the same drive as Windows 7 is installed, the boot drive.

I assume that is what you mean "I have a feeling your problem is not having Fusion installed on the C drive. "

I will email you the Export zip file and maybe you can see if it works OK on your system since it is same. I have reinstalled Windows 7 a few weeks ago because of problems with MS Word. I don't want to spend a lot of time reinstall a clean windows7 if that is not the problem or don't want to spend time chasing rabbits if there is nothing wrong with NOF12. Also NOF11 will not remote publish it will hang at the same 2% under Windows 7.

Thank you,

Larry
    Last edited by LPenn; 02-05-2011 at 07:12 PM.

I was able to publish the site to a hidden directory our server with no problem.

In my Win7-64 installation, I have Fusion installed in the default location on the C drive.

I took your site folder (since you didn't send a template) and put it in User Sites on my W drive (a separate physical drive from C).

There are a few image assets not in the assets folder… Fusion is looking for them on an F drive.

You're using data sources also (somewhere on the site), and those were not available on my computer, of course)

As I said, your problem is caused by having Fusion in a non-standard location in a Win-7 install not on the C drive.

Could possibly be a problem with the data sources, as well... I can't check that out and it's unlikely.

Another thing...... your page names have mixed case and spaces in them. Not a good idea. You even use special characters, like a registered trademark symbol.

I know you want to have page titles that are the way they are and that's good. Having the pages names the way they are is not good.

In Fusion, what you type as the page name becomes the title. By default.

You should type a proper page name in (lowercase, no spaces) and then go to the title field and change the title to something appropriate and search engine friendly.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    I was able to publish the site to a hidden directory our server with no problem.

In my Win7-64 installation, I have Fusion installed in the default location on the C drive.

I took your site folder (since you didn't send a template) and put it in User Sites on my W drive (a separate physical drive from C).

There are a few image assets not in the assets folder… Fusion is looking for them on an F drive.

You're using data sources also (somewhere on the site), and those were not available on my computer, of course)

As I said, your problem is caused by having Fusion in a non-standard location in a Win-7 install not on the C drive.

Could possibly be a problem with the data sources, as well... I can't check that out and it's unlikely.

Another thing...... your page names have mixed case and spaces in them. Not a good idea. You even use special characters, like a registered trademark symbol.

I know you want to have page titles that are the way they are and that's good. Having the pages names the way they are is not good.

In Fusion, what you type as the page name becomes the title. By default.

You should type a proper page name in (lowercase, no spaces) and then go to the title field and change the title to something appropriate and search engine friendly.
    I remember back in NOF-7 or before their was a problem with page names then I thought this was changed or fix in NOF-10 to where it did not make any difference now. I agree would be better as you stated. My data that is being pulled in has work fine since the beginning at least 5 years.
    You say "In my Win7-64 installation, I have Fusion installed in the default location on the C drive." Since my Win7-64 installation boot drive is D: and NOF-12 is installed in the default location of this partition. should be the same as what you said. Please clarify if this is not correct.

Thanks,

Larry

Since last post about a week ago I have performed the following!

To Recap the Issue: I have a dual boot system.
    I have Windows 7 Pro 64 installed on Disk 0:—Partition 1 (D: ) along with NOF-11, Nof-12, Flash, Java, Office Programs and other software.
    I have XP Pro 32 installed on Disk 1:—Partition 1 (C: ) along with NOF-11, Nof-12, Flash, Java, Office Programs and other software.

NOF-11 or NOF-12 after being installed on Disk 0:-Partition 1 (D: ), Windows 7 Pro would crash and freeze often using the program to make changes to existing site. It would Publish Local but Publishing Remote would Freeze/lockup after generating 2% of site (shown in NOF publish bar) or actually 6 files on server.

I also had a few Window 7 issues that were related to Office programs that I felt were not related to the NOF problem. So I contacted Microsoft Win7 support and they found issues related to damaged .dll that appeared to be caused by MS updates. Spent around 4+ hours with MS then they had me do a repair install. After this finally the Crashing/Freezing with NOF went away when making changes to site. The Publish issue still exists.

Chuck Joslin felt that NOF problem was being caused, due to Win7 & NOF were not installed on C: drive. Microsoft support person told me that did not make any difference because the computer does not use drive letters for control the human does. The computer sees a Physical disk 0: and Partitions the 1st being 1, 2nd being 2, etc. Software that is drive dependent like MS Office and I guess NOF must/should be installed on the boot drive/partition (the drive and partition windows is booting from. Whatever Physical drive and partition being use to boot from the software should be installed here also).

To be on the safe side and taking Chuck Joslin recommendation of having NOF on C: I had to changed the Disk 1 (C: ) drive to (I: ) since C: was being used by XP Pro.

Then on Disk 0: I created another partition naming it C: I formatted this new partition then a new clean Windows 7 Pro 64 install. Ending up with only Win 7 Pro and NOF-11, NOF-12, Flash, and Java file installed. I tested both 11 & 12 publishing on Local then deleting the Preview and Local Publish folder. Next I tried to Remote Publish and NOF 11 & 12 still would Freeze at 2%. I would have to use Task Manager to exit NOF.

I can upload with no problem using XP Pro 32 and NOF-11 or a FTP program FileZilla. This should indicate no problem with modem/ISP, so I am at lost fixing this problem. Others have said NOF-12 works fine for them.

Does anyone have any more ideas?

Larry

After you installed Fusion, did you toggle passive mode in your remote publish profile advanced settings?

Note: Actually I said the problem with Fusion in 7 could be because of it not being installed on the boot/system drive, since that was drive 0. Which is traditionally drive letter C. You had the OS on a non-system drive.
    Last edited by chuckj; 02-13-2011 at 02:44 AM.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Passive mode is check and using port 21

Larry

Can anyone on this group used Jubilee – Orange style with NOF-12? Lease see if it makes your NOF crash. Thanks