Thread: Needhelp with a few things please

Default Needhelp with a few things please

Used Fusion before, different version but I'm a bit rusty and having a few problems with Essentials, would appreciate some help.

1. I'm getting the problem where the "updating online view" message just loops forever. I though it was doing it for each page on my site but its way more than that. I have changed settings to run as Administrator - as advised on other threads - but it hasnt fixed the problem. Any clues?

2. I'm using a banner within the Masterborder area. On 90% of the pages this sits nicely centred, on the rest it is offset to the right by about 3cm. How can I fix this?

3. On some pages the size of the text within my tables seems to set itself to 10px instead of 10pt. Other than typing 10pt in the drop down box, pt sizes dont seem to be an option. Why is this happening?

4. I'm also trying to embed a forum page hosted on another site within one of the pages but cant get that to work - the "reference external page" control seems to expect a local file. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by ascot View Post
    Used Fusion before, different version but I'm a bit rusty and having a few problems with Essentials, would appreciate some help.

1. I'm getting the problem where the "updating online view" message just loops forever. I though it was doing it for each page on my site but its way more than that. I have changed settings to run as Administrator - as advised on other threads - but it hasnt fixed the problem. Any clues?
    Essentials displays advertisements and promotions in online view. These are served from a remote web site. Either you are not online or the online server is not online or there is a glitch in a relay somewhere on the internet or any thousand of other reasons. There is nothing you can do about it except ignore it.

2. I'm using a banner within the Masterborder area. On 90% of the pages this sits nicely centred, on the rest it is offset to the right by about 3cm. How can I fix this?
    Do you see a vertical scroll bar on some pages and not others? A vertical scroll bar will change the width by oh... 10-15 pixels or so and make pages with and without vertical scroll bars show at different locations.

3. On some pages the size of the text within my tables seems to set itself to 10px instead of 10pt. Other than typing 10pt in the drop down box, pt sizes dont seem to be an option. Why is this happening?
    Points are desktop publishing sizes, you should be using pixels which are screen rez sizing.

Font sizes are set in style view.

4. I'm also trying to embed a forum page hosted on another site within one of the pages but cant get that to work - the "reference external page" control seems to expect a local file. Help?
    If you have something hosted on another site it cannot be part of your site (well easily anyway). Think of it like having a car in your driveway and another one in Cleveland. Hard to get out of one then climb right into the other one

You can capture the remote forum in a framset or in an iframe or you can make an absolute external link to the remote location.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Essentials displays advertisements and promotions in online view. These are served from a remote web site. Either you are not online or the online server is not online or there is a glitch in a relay somewhere on the internet or any thousand of other reasons. There is nothing you can do about it except ignore it.
    OK, thanks. I am online so dont know what the problem is there.

Do you see a vertical scroll bar on some pages and not others? A vertical scroll bar will change the width by oh... 10-15 pixels or so and make pages with and without vertical scroll bars show at different locations.
    No, no vertical scroll bars on ANY pages. (And no little red exclamation marks to indicate overlapping objects which tends to throw things out too. This is the Masterborder (header) so it is shared across all pages, cant work out why some are off and some are not.

Have since played around with some layout settings - default for html output is "site settings" (which by default should be dynamic) and the Tables radio button defaults to columns. When I change to rows, the problem is fixed. On that page only. Any idea what is going on here?

Points are desktop publishing sizes, you should be using pixels which are screen rez sizing.

Font sizes are set in style view.
    OK, will change

If you have something hosted on another site it cannot be part of your site (well easily anyway). Think of it like having a car in your driveway and another one in Cleveland. Hard to get out of one then climb right into the other one

You can capture the remote forum in a framset or in an iframe or you can make an absolute external link to the remote location.
    I did this before years ago (with Netobjects) so it can be done. And if I did it years ago it must have been easy! :-)
    Must have been the frameset option but cant see how to do that.