Thread: Can I "Center" sites made with NOF8 in NOF12 [SOLVED]

Default Can I "Center" sites made with NOF8 in NOF12 [SOLVED]

Long time user, first time poster, I have a few very simple sites I created with NOF8. I would like to join the bandwagon and have them "centered" for different monitor sizes. I recently upgraded to NOF12 and still consider myself quite a novice. Is there a simple way to do this with my existing sites? I included a pair of examples below if it helps:

www.harborviewvideo.com

www.pacerconcepts.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks all.

Sure..... in each pages properties in Design View, check the "Center in Browser" checkbox.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Wow, how did I miss that one, thank you. It did the trick. As I often tell the kids when they are looking for something thats right under their nose: "good thing it was not a rattlesnake"

Default What about background images?

I am trying to get a background image to display directly under a navbar, to give the impression it is part of said navbar.

My site is http://tawsemanor.co.nz - currently not displayed centered, as I can't figure a way to make it work reliably!

If I set as outlined above, the image remains to the left, and the page centers, destroying the look of the page.

This is NOF XII, updated from an earlier version.

You need to surround the Fusion generated table with additional table coding and place the background inside the inserted table code.

Here is a tutorial that will cover this and some other things too: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4048

You will find your answer in that tutorial.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I suspect the answer is, as you say, partly contained in the link you provided, but it certainly is not a complete answer.....

Perhaps I need to establish the background at a lower level in the page layout heirarchy? If so, is there a way to inject this inside the TD tags that surround the generated inner body, and make it work that way?

One way to center the background inaddition to the page content is to update the BODY element for you SiteStyle.

1. In the Style View make sure your applied SiteStyle is not "Read Only"
    2. Change to the Selectors tab
    3. From the list on the left select the BODY element
    4. using the property inspector change the Background position to 50% horizontal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backgournd..png 
Views:	279 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	824  
    Mike
    NetObjects Technical Support
    forums.NetObjects.com

I was going to try this but keep getting errors in a script in NOF... I click yes to keep running them then the program locks up
    Wait it came back it just takes a few minutes but everytime I click something it kicks the same error. Through clicking yes to keep running scripts, I got that set fine and it centers in the browser. Some pages center, some dont (the actual pages) the background image is centering on all of them. I tried the center in browser in the Layout properties, as well as on the Page Properties, and both (which works on this one)
    http://www.ohlhausen.us/ancestry/fam...mie_kiser.html

vs this one that doesn't
    http://www.ohlhausen.us/ancestry/fam...er1/index.html

Also, on the ones that center properly, IE says there are errors on the page
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	style3..jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	884  
    Last edited by MikeOhlh; 03-15-2011 at 04:04 AM. Reason: updated