Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMS - System Requirements

You can use a CMS with tags embedded in Fusion pages.... but you lose the ability to re-publish from Fusion without overwriting user changes.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    You can use a CMS with tags embedded in Fusion pages.... but you lose the ability to re-publish from Fusion without overwriting user changes.
    Right. But is it possible to upload "changes only" without overwriting users changes? Or simply just do an all php/database site to prevent that?

Uploading changes only in Fusion is on a full page basis.

Any change you make the affects the HTML of the page causes the entire page to be regenerated and published.

Correct... a CMS that uses a database is the way to go.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    I've used this CMS for a client last year. Simple program. http://www.pagelime.com/. There should be a way to code in the NOF html pages where you can make them editable for the clients without them having to use a 2nd or 3rd party CMS program. I know some that are able to do it in D.W. So I know that it's possible in NOF.
    Looks like Pagelime works very similar to Surreal. Other than a different GUI, a key difference is cost if you go for the paid option with 50 clients being the tipping point. Less than 50 clients and Pagelime is cheaper by $5/month. More than 50 to unlimited and SurrealCMS is cheaper by $44/month.

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    Right. But is it possible to upload "changes only" without overwriting users changes? Or simply just do an all php/database site to prevent that?
    You can take two options. Build your first pages with NOF then do the rest at SurrealCMS. You can add, or clone pages as they call it. If you and your client have decided to work at the server, then you don't overwrite each others changes,

Or, you can make separate html pages with the edit regions and have them show through an iframe (making sure the iframe is set for automatic scrolling). I did this option with a client because they like to add and delete pages. This allows me to use NOF to generate all the navigation.

Or publish all pages as .php rather than .html and then you can use the <php include....> statement, which doesn't involve scroll bars as the included page is, well, just included. This means the final page is populated by whatever content you have included.

I tend to create user edited pages as zeromargin .php pages that get included to my 'wrapper' pages. I edit and manage the 'wrappers' and the client edits the content only. So no mater what changes I make to the site design I can publish freely and make no impact on the included content.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

I believe that there should be no issues regarding any connections between windows xp and windows 7. Regarding the question about pages behind protection, i do not see any problem as i have implemented this on sites that only access to certain members. I also really like Surreal. It is very easy to set up and they offer a free version that already does the job.