Thread: MLR not working when found with Google

Default MLR not working when found with Google

This is an odd thing - when a visitor comes to your site via google, MLRs appear not to work anymore:

via Google

direct

any ideas ????

TIA
    Cyana
    Last edited by cyana; 02-16-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: link not working

Cyana,

It appears that in google, you are searching an image and it is bringing up the particular image. It appears that way in looking at the address bar. What was the actual search criteria when using google?

David

Hello David,

thank you for your reply. I think the search term was 'Crawler Transporter model'. My concern however is that when visitors arrive the site through Google, it does not work properly. When you click onto 'Finished Prototype' or 'Chassis Assembly & Details', nothing happens, while it works fine when you access the page directly.

TIA
    Cyana

Okay,

Either I am missing something...... I have just searched google and went to your site and all works well in both IE and Chrome. Both the "Finished Prototype" and the "Chassis Assembly and Detail" buttons open to your gallery and the next and previous buttons work as they should. Really nice site by the way.

David
    Last edited by wtpooh55; 02-16-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Hello David,

thank you for your feedback and your kind comment ! Now this is strange because on my side it still does not work (IE 7 & 8). Does it work also when you click the link 'via Google' in my first message ? This is when you find a picture in Google and follow the given link. I guess it has to do something with the fact that the site is displayed in a frame, while Google stays on top (?)

TIA
    Cyana

Cyana, when I click on the "via google" link above the page opens with the picture in the front (obviously the search was for an image. Then when I close the image it goes directly to your website and the buttons work perfectly.

Hello David,

thanks for testing ! You're, right same happens here at my home, where I have a win7 machine with latest software installed. Sorry I was not aware of that. At my working place, still XP is installed. When you follow the Google link on those machines, a thumbnail of the picture appears on the top and the page below in a second frame. Under these circumstances, the gallery buttons do not work.

again, thanks for your efforts !
    Cyana