Thread: DB connector not recognized

Default DB connector not recognized

I finally was able to connect to a remote MySQL database. I can see the tables in the database in the "Database" tab of the connector. I also publised the site to the server where the database is. Yet, when I try to place any DB component on the page (I tried several of them, e.g. iterator, navigator, text box, etc.), I get an error message that I must place a connector on the page first. I even put 2 of them on the page, still they cannot be seen by the components. What am I missing? I looked through the threads but couldn't find a similar problem anywhere, so it must be something trivial. I'm using PHP.

Since nobody has offered a solution, I kept trying different things and I got it to work in the end. Thomas' tutorial was of great help. Thanks, Thomas! Great work! Here's the link:
    http://www.tommyherrmanndesign.com/n...connector.html
    The solution is that the connector has to be placed in the layout area. A "layout region" won't do. I thought they were equivalent, but apparently they aren't. And you can't just place a connector somewhere on the page and then drag it into the layout area: you must place it there originally! Who would've thunk it!

You didn't say you weren't putting it in the Layout. (-;

Putting it in a Layout Region is the same as putting it in a table. That doesn't work either.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums