Thread: Unable to publish files to provider server

Default Unable to publish files to provider server

recieve the following errors:

Error sending the file C:\Program Files\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion Essentials\User Sites\Maryville KC\Preview\index.html to the server

Error sending the file C:\Program Files\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion Essentials\User Sites\Maryville KC\Styles\Crossblock II - Gold & Crimson\Images\background.gif to the server

Could not create the directory 'html/' on the server

Could not create the directory 'assets/images/' on the server

Could not create the directory 'assets/images/autogen/' on the server

Could not create the directory 'assets/' on the server

Created the directories on the server, but still get the same errors. Any suggestions..?

Have you been able to upload to your hosting account in the past or is this a new hosting account for you?

From what you have said it "sounds" like you are uploading to the wrong folder location.

your Fusion remote publish folder should have wwwroot or public_html or www as the domain root (providing you have not set root in your hosting FTP account).

Here is a tutorial I wrote for clients that use my windows hosting to give you an idea of what you should be seeing in remote publish http://www.gothosting.biz/knowledgebase.cfm?itemID=441 the tutorial is for clients who have their web hosting with gotFusion and it is based on a later version of the Fusion product but it should point you in the right direction.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Sorry for not getting back sooner.
    This is a new hosting account. I tried using wwwroot as the directory but get the message *Base directory "wwwroot" does not extist. Would you like to create it?*. I respond yes and I get *unable to create base directory*. I went to the ISP server and renamed the directory wwwroot and get the same error. Here is a list of what is on the server:
    Name Size Last Modified Permissions Action
    wwwroot <dir> 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rwxr-xr-x
    1x1.gif 1 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    banner.gif 18 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    company_logo.gif 1 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    ie.css 1 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    index.html 3 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    index.html~ 3 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    index.wml 1 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    logo.gif 3 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    logo.wbmp 1 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    poweredby_parallels.gif 3 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    readme.txt 1 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    style.css 7 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    top_bg.jpg 1 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--
    top_body_bg.jpg 17 K 12/7/2011 10:52:00 AM rw-r--r--

You should never have to create the base directory. The web host provides that.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

I have NetObjects 11 and never had any problems publishing before. I have checked with my provider and nothing has changed from their standpoint. I have doubled checked and test the connection in the publishing setting that my connects are working but I continue to get all errors. Also doubled checked my software for my computer was letting files thru the firewall (no problem). No problems generating the site but basically stops at "publishing site" and I stop it and receive: "Error sending the file C:\Program Files\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion Essentials\User Sites\LGC\Preview\index.htm to the server"

I have checked my files in my SP manager and no files have posted. Also opened suport ticket with SP and they see no problem on their site.

Also have changed many different ways from the knowledge base that was posted --- Directory - blank, wwwroot, etc. but nothing works

Quote Originally Posted by pegokc View Post
    Also have changed many different ways from the knowledge base that was posted --- Directory - blank, wwwroot, etc. but nothing works
    Are you on windows hosting or linux hosting ?

You don't just poke at http root, you need to know the name of the http root folder.

Download and install filezilla (free ftp client). Log in using your primary FTP account and see what the names of your folders are.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz