Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Content Management System

Quote Originally Posted by Larry5000 View Post
    You said it Rocks so I am assuming that it work very very well with NOF sites so any customer that wants to up date certain pages or all of their pages can do so ... Any other info you can to pass along on your experiences on it please feel feel to do so.
    When your setting up your editors, there is an easy enable or disable of editing features (click advanced) where the icons just toggle off or on just by clicking on them. I would recommend not enabling the Font Size feature. In my experience Surreal likes to work with (pt) for font sizes where as NOF is usually in (px). For a Surreal site I usually change all the fonts in the Style View to use the (pt) for easy display compatibility, then copy and paste the CSS code from NOF into Surreal's Editor Style for that site.

Wouldn't it be best to add a wysiwig editor instead to the code, make an admin button or link where the user can log in on his website and edit the content per page vs logging in to another website to modify the content?

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    Wouldn't it be best to add a wysiwig editor instead to the code, make an admin button or link where the user can log in on his website and edit the content per page vs logging in to another website to modify the content?
    Surreal works by marking off an area of a page using a div statement surrounding what you want to edit.

On your surreal account you tell it what domain to work with and it finds these editable areas/pages When you want to change something you just select the page from a list and surreal ftps the content to their site, you edit and when you "save" what you are doing is ftping the content back to your domain.

All content resides on your site, but it is FTPed to their site where you use their editing tools. The free version is obviously an external editor as the URL and branding is surreal. The paid version allows you to make a custom a record that uses your URL to display their content and allows for custom branding. This is nice if you don't want to have your customers find out how easy it is and cut you out of the picture and do it themselves
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Yes. It's pretty much like Cushy CMS. I guess I was looking at the headache that some don't want to be bothered with by migrating away from their website in order to modify the content. But I wasn't aware that you can remain on the website to do it with (paid version) Surreal. I'll have to look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Surreal works by marking off an area of a page using a div statement surrounding what you want to edit.

On your surreal account you tell it what domain to work with and it finds these editable areas/pages When you want to change something you just select the page from a list and surreal ftps the content to their site, you edit and when you "save" what you are doing is ftping the content back to your domain.

All content resides on your site, but it is FTPed to their site where you use their editing tools. The free version is obviously an external editor as the URL and branding is surreal. The paid version allows you to make a custom a record that uses your URL to display their content and allows for custom branding. This is nice if you don't want to have your customers find out how easy it is and cut you out of the picture and do it themselves

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    Yes. It's pretty much like Cushy CMS. I guess I was looking at the headache that some don't want to be bothered with by migrating away from their website in order to modify the content. But I wasn't aware that you can remain on the website to do it with (paid version) Surreal. I'll have to look into this.
    You don't actually remain on the target site, the URL stays on the domain but surreal editor (from the surreal site) is still used. the paid version allows for custom branding so that you can make their site look like yours. that combined with the URL staying the same (yourDomain.com) only makes it "appear" as though everything is happening on the target domain (but i reality, it isn't).

Paul can explain it better as he has been using a paid version for a while now. He should pop in sometime soon
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by Larry5000 View Post
    From the time you started using Surreal CMS Paul how long did it take you you catch on to it and have it down pat?
    5 minutes at most.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!