Thread: NOF barfing when re-optimizing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy NOF barfing when re-optimizing

Three of my students completely lost their web sites when reoptimizing after verifying their file assets while creating a template to use for backup. This was in a section of 16. Oddly enough, no students in the other section had the problem, but I suspect that most of them didn't back up correctly to a template so didn't experience the problem. The three that experienced the barfing are among my better students.

One was using NOF under Parallels on a Mac. The other two were using Windows computers. Unfortunately, I don't know what version of Windows.

I think I'm going to have them save their web site to a new name before verifying their assets so if NOF does barf, they won't lose everything.

Don't know whether anyone has any suggestions. Unfortunately, I didn't see this happen and I can't reproduce it, but it happened frequently enough and to some of the best (i.e., they follow instructions well and actually backed up) students, so I'm concerned.

liz

When Fusion does a repotomize the first thing it does is save the original file in a folder called Recovery.

All you need to do to bring the sites back to their origial state is to use windows explorer and move the file from the "Recovery" folder to the User Sites > Site Name folder (where "site name" is the actual name used for the project) Once the file is moved, click on it to start Fusion with the original file.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks. That's simple enough. Will so note in my instructions! (although my students are typically using a folder other than User Sites, but I found the recovery folder)

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Thanks. That's simple enough. Will so note in my instructions! (although my students are typically using a folder other than User Sites, but I found the recovery folder)
    Understand that this will only get the project file back. You still have an issue that caused the project file to crash which will still be present in the file. You will need to locate where the problem resides and correct it to get a stable project database file.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

I wish I knew what the problem might be. These are tiny, simple three-page web sites with one image on one page. Everyone uses the same instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I wish I knew what the problem might be. These are tiny, simple three-page web sites with one image on one page. Everyone uses the same instructions.

Copy/paste from an outside source can cause havoc. Take a look at this URL and see if you find any rogue coding in their pages. http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=220