Thread: Muddled Up Pages

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Muddled Up Pages

Can anybody help me? I compose large-ish pages about church architecture, with lots of photographs. Under each I do a text box for a caption. It's really simple page construction: I don't use anything at all sophisticated. When I compose it in Fusionworks I lay it all out very neatly with typically two or three pictures all on one level across the screen and captions below. Yet when I look on the web I very often see one of the pictures (usually the one on the right for some reason) displaced downwards by a fraction of an inch, making things look untidy and unprofessional. It can happen sometimes three or four times on the same page, and it's not just a case of one line being displaced and then displacing the others: it's pretty random and I just can't seem to get rid of the problem. It occurs in both Firefox and Explorer. Has anybody else had this problem and do you know what causes it? Aaaagh! Tearing my hair out here!

It would make your life a lot easier if you use tables to arrange your photos and your text.
    Make a table with enough columns and lines.
    Each picture in one cell and the text in another.
    And to make the table invisible, you can set the borders of the table in the properties to null.

Nothing will shift anymore when you publish. Everything is fixed, even when you center in browser.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

How do you avoid unequal heights ? I'm using tables here so that I can insert the latest news on top and older stuff scrolls downward. However, the height of the lines varies quite uncontrolable.

TIA
    Cyana

Quote Originally Posted by cyana View Post
    How do you avoid unequal heights ? I'm using tables here so that I can insert the latest news on top and older stuff scrolls downward. However, the height of the lines varies quite uncontrolable.
    You can set the position of the text in Cell Properties to be aligned to Top.

If you mean equal height for all of the rows ... then select all of the rows and set height in the properties box.

Ritch
    Last edited by Ritch; 02-23-2011 at 09:46 PM.
    NOF 2013: (AU1)......Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 (Build 7601:SP1)
    Mac OSX 10.8.3.....Parallels Desktop 8 (8.0.18483)
    iMac 27" 2.7 GHz Intel Core 2 i5.....12Gb 1333 Mhz DDR3

Thanks a lot Ritch !
    Cyana

Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    It would make your life a lot easier if you use tables to arrange your photos and your text.
    Make a table with enough columns and lines.
    Each picture in one cell and the text in another.
    And to make the table invisible, you can set the borders of the table in the properties to null.

Nothing will shift anymore when you publish. Everything is fixed, even when you center in browser.
    Thanks for that. I hadn't explored tables so I'll do so now. Much appreciated.