Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why upgrade?

Default Why upgrade?

I haven't seen on the NetObjects website the new and improved benefits for upgrading from Version 11 to Version 12. Can some tell me what is new in version 12

Hi PhotoBob,

There are several benefits to upgrading from NetObjects Fusion 11. Cloud Burst provides ongoing value to your purchase by delivering stock photos (via our new Image Bank), templates, tutorials and more via the Online view. We just had our first post release update at the beginning of this week! If you are using a later operating system, you'll be happy to know that NetObjects Fusion XII has passed Microsoft-designed tests for compatibility. NetObjects Site Safe offers you peace of mind knowing that your latest updates are safely stored on your network, external drive, or your web hosting platform. The NetObjects Site Wizard has been completely revamped, offering modern template designs for your websites in just three steps. Also for your visitors on the go, we've included mobile templates. We have streamlined the HTML generation so that your websites will have cleaner code and tight integration with newer browser standards. The image processing engine has been updated and will render transparencies in Page view and improved image optimization. We've hit SEO as well with improvements to the publishing arrangement right out of the box. Descriptive URL's increase your page rank to deliver more hits to your website.

Plenty of work has also been done under the hood. You will find NetObjects Fusion XII leaner and more agile than in previous versions.

Check out our NetObjects Fusion XII page here.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBob View Post
    I haven't seen on the NetObjects website the new and improved benefits for upgrading from Version 11 to Version 12. Can some tell me what is new in version 12
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    We just had our first post release update at the beginning of this week!
    Tell me more .... are you referring to the long anticipated AU1? Is it available?

Ritch
    NOF 2013: (AU1)......Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 (Build 7601:SP1)
    Mac OSX 10.8.3.....Parallels Desktop 8 (8.0.18483)
    iMac 27" 2.7 GHz Intel Core 2 i5.....12Gb 1333 Mhz DDR3

Quote Originally Posted by Ritch View Post
    Tell me more .... are you referring to the long anticipated AU1? Is it available?

Ritch
    Hi Ritch,

Actually that was in reference to our Cloud Burst release. There are new templates and stock photos available via the Online view under "Enhance".
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hi Ritch,

Actually that was in reference to our Cloud Burst release. There are new templates and stock photos available via the Online view under "Enhance".
    So what news on V12.1 ?
    It's two whole months now since V12 was released - it would be great to have an update that solved
    some of the more obvious bugs (including image transparency and that darn 'auto-optimise-images-whether-you-want-it-or-not')

Having waited 18 months between V11 and V12 - some reassuring message about how soon we can expect V12.1 would be good.....?

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by adrian5750 View Post
    So what news on V12.1 ?
    It's two whole months now since V12 was released - it would be great to have an update that solved
    some of the more obvious bugs (including image transparency and that darn 'auto-optimise-images-whether-you-want-it-or-not')

Having waited 18 months between V11 and V12 - some reassuring message about how soon we can expect V12.1 would be good.....?

Adrian
    Always a conversation stopper <g>!
    - come along NOF Staffers - let us into the secret - are we talking weeks, months or years for V12.1?

It'd be very helpful to know as I have quite a few sites I'm waiting to migrate across to V12 -
    but don't want to do it until the image issues are sorted....

...but if V12.1 is a long way off I may have to bite the bullet and do it anyway.

Adrian

If you want to be on top of things..... Join the beta testing team... That way you can know what is going on and be quite about it too
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    If you want to be on top of things..... Join the beta testing team... That way you can know what is going on and be quite about it too
    HI Mike
    I don't need another call on my time, thanks - especially not if it's debugging some software I've already paid NOF good money for ! <g>

It'd just be nice if somebody from the Netobjects 'All Star Team' could make a statement as to when we can expect the first attempt at fixing the new & varied bugs that came for free with NOF12!

Not a big ask, surely ?

Adrian

You will get notified once the update is released. I doubt you will hear anything before the release is announced.

In my decades in computers I have never come across any software that did not have bugs or issues. I remember having to re-install the OS at least once every 3 months with some of the early windows versions. I even recommended this to others.

At least you do not have to re-format and start all over with a cold box to continue working with Fusion
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    You will get notified once the update is released. I doubt you will hear anything before the release is announced.

In my decades in computers I have never come across any software that did not have bugs or issues. I remember having to re-install the OS at least once every 3 months with some of the early windows versions. I even recommended this to others.

At least you do not have to re-format and start all over with a cold box to continue working with Fusion
    Mike
    I'm not questioning for one moment your years in the software business (which is probably about the same as mine), and I'm not expecting bug-free software.

What would be good is some kind of prediction - even in the broadest terms - as to when we might expect to see a release that fixes some of the more obvious bugs.

Netobjects are very fortunate in having loyal supporters like yourself and the others on here who are the life-blood of these forums - but, as this frees Netobjects staff from much of the day-to-day 'product support' - then you'd hope that they could devote themselves to producing and testing V12.1

I'm not looking for a specific date from NOF (and I know that you're & the other beta-folk are under an NDA so cannot comment) - but are we talking Spring, Summer - or when ....??

Adrian