Thread: Version 1 through 12

Thumbs down Version 1 through 12

All have been good 10 had a nice addition with the site management solution. But 12 is really bad and has also messed up my version of 11. Nav bars that were clear gif files are now black and when I try to repair the damage by rolling back in version 11 when I republish the web site same problem.. Looks like you guys went 10 steps backwards with this release

You cannot open a site nod file in 11 once it's been opened in 12... so what do you mean by "rolling back"?

The initial release of 12 has a known bug concerning transparency in GIFs. It's already been discussed in these forums and NetObjects is working on an update to correct it.

I use 12 daily and it's far from being "really bad".
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

I stumbled into the same problem - for me it came from a new naming convention. In NOF 12, blanks appear to be replaced by dash '-' rather then by underscore '_'. So a banner 'Hello World' now has a 'Hello-World.gif' instead of 'Hello_World.gif', and the reference in the html code is set accordingly. So when you *partially* roll back (without changing the html), still the NOF 12 gif is loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by cyana View Post
    I stumbled into the same problem - for me it came from a new naming convention. In NOF 12, blanks appear to be replaced by dash '-' rather then by underscore '_'. So a banner 'Hello World' now has a 'Hello-World.gif' instead of 'Hello_World.gif', and the reference in the html code is set accordingly. So when you *partially* roll back (without changing the html), still the NOF 12 gif is loaded.
    The spaces in URLs can be converted to a user defined value via the HTML Options dialog (Tools > Options > Current Site > HTML Options...). Only new sites created in Fusion XII should default to the SEO advantageous dash delimiters. However switching back to the underscores is still an option.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTML Options..png 
Views:	284 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	845  
    Mike
    NetObjects Technical Support
    forums.NetObjects.com

Hello Mike,

thank you for your clarification. When I converted MySite.nod to NOF 12, all banner graphics were renamed to dash for blanks (I never would use blanks in page names, however I do in banners). Maybe there should be a conversion option to avoid this ?

thank you
    Cyana

I haven't converted any of my 11 sites (waiting on update) but I thought it should be re-interated for anyone who hasn't moved a site from a previous version to a newer. Verify all assets, save site, export to template, then import template into new version.

Quote Originally Posted by rmaillet56 View Post
    All have been good 10 had a nice addition with the site management solution. But 12 is really bad and has also messed up my version of 11. Nav bars that were clear gif files are now black and when I try to repair the damage by rolling back in version 11 when I republish the web site same problem.. Looks like you guys went 10 steps backwards with this release
    I went into 11 using the Verion rollback tool I went three or four updates to the site back and uploaded that into 11 which since it haden't been opened by 12 should work just perfictly but 12 has done something to my 11 instalation so what I am doing to fix the situation is un-installing 12 and reinstalling 11only to fix the problems. I have found that there are a number of items that do not work in 12 such as the multi region layout no longer functions as it once did. All of my Marketing gif files are messed up. If yo run a gaming web site everything hasd to work and look good I've been loosing between € 350 and € 800 a day since I up loaded the site after upgrading to 12. Our revinew has come to a complete stop. When something happens like that, a piece of software over two years in development shouyldn't have bugs this bad.... Unless develped by XX than I could under stand....