Thread: nof 5.0.2 update

Default nof 5.0.2 update

Hi,

Just done a pc upgrade and installed nof 5 and done the 5.0.1 update as I had the file. Unfortunately I need the nof 5.0.2 update to finish the install and can't find a copy on my old pc.
    I have looked on the nof website but the links to the 5.0.2 file are broken.

Any help in locating this update will be most grateful.

Paul

What opperating system are you using on your new computer?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Fusion 5? I feel like I just stepped out of the Wayback Machine. I've tossed everything prior to Fusion 7.

Frankly, Fusion 5 was a broken release period.

You should just get Fusion Essentials. It's basically Fusion 7.5. And it's free.

Fusion 5.0.x won't play well with a modern OS anyway.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Frankly, Fusion 5 was a broken release period.
    Yep... That product is what drove the final nail, putting NetO into bankruptcy back in 2001.

It is just about useless as a product. Even with all of the patches made to it.

It was the first product to use CSS and the proprietary html tags.

NetO came out with MX just before shutting down. MX was nothing more than a fixed version 5. They even gave MX away to many of the purchases of version 5 but the damage was done.

Most people who were around then and still around today don't like to talk about version 5. They sort of cringe and look away when it is mentioned.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Just to be clear.... the NetObjects of 2001 was a completely different company than the one that owns the Fusion product now.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Just to be clear.... the NetObjects of 2001 was a completely different company than the one that owns the Fusion product now.
    The product has been owned by 2 subsequent companies since the original company closed its doors. All of the patents that were held by NetO were sold to Macromedia which in turn was bought by Adobe. WSP was after the Matrix product but had to acquire all of the Fusion software to get it. They sold off Fusion to a 3rd company but retained Matrix. When you look at all of the things that the original NetObjects company developed, patented, and marketed in the 6 years they were in business, they were a rather innovative group of folks that were way ahead of the curve.

A lot of things happen in the software world but in the end things always seem to stay the same.