Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spacing between V11 and V12 has dramatically changed...

Default Spacing between V11 and V12 has dramatically changed...

I have been using Net Objects for years now and V12 has caused a dramatic change in vertical spacing.

I saved V11, brought it over into a V12 data directory, reopened and it converted. Made some changes in date fields next to some text entries.

I regenerated the whole site into Local Publsh and went to view it...

All the Vertical spacing is now changed.. for the worse....sort of like from single spacing to double spacing...

Thank heaven I kept the V11 databases....

HELP...

Regards,
    Mike Gorman

The only way to import a project into a new version is by creating a template.
    A template is a NOF specific way to save all your assets, styles.... in just one .zip file.
    By creating a template, you shouldn't have any problems to import your project into the new version.

Have a look at this tut from gotfusion for the basics of creating a template to import a project into a new version
    http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=17
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Default Why is this needed between V11 and V12....

Shouldn't it be automatic?

Regards,
    Mike Gorman

Default Attempted to Backup site and it failed.

Thanks for getting back to me. I attempted to follow the steps you sent. They were very clear. Thanks so much.

I identified all the assets that were zero (0) size and figured they were no longer needed so I attempted to delete them. NetObjects 11 objected to only about three or four. I left them in the list.

I then ReOptimzied.

Finally I did the Export to Template (backup), and the backup failed to complete. It seemed to trying to find files on the C drive and everything is in the D:\Work directory. The zip file was not created.

I repeated the process after restoring a backup of the Nod file and did not remove any of the files nor did an Optimze. The Export to Template (backup) failed to complete.

Any suggestions?

Regards and thanks in advance,
    Mike Gorman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    The only way to import a project into a new version is by creating a template.
    A template is a NOF specific way to save all your assets, styles.... in just one .zip file.
    By creating a template, you shouldn't have any problems to import your project into the new version.

Have a look at this tut from gotfusion for the basics of creating a template to import a project into a new version
    http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=17

One thing you may want to check is if you have Skype running to check its preferences and make sure it isn't embedding those gif images into web page phone numbers. NoF is tightly integrated with Internet Exploder, er, Explorer and I have had NoF seeking to incorporate the Skype gif images into the template and, since Skype isn't running at the time, it can't find them and so the template fails. The remedy is to exit Skype before running NoF, delete all 0kb assets, delete any skype asset and then, with luck, you should be able to create the template.

It looks like there are a lot of assets with 0KB and others that are not found.
    NOF is very stubborn.
    It will not create a template unless it finds all the assets.... even the ones that have no KB.
    So for start, ignore all the threats which might turn up when you try to delete files with 0KB.
    0 KB is 0 KB, so nothing. Just get rid of them.

And NOF wants to make a nice package, a .zip file with all the content of your website.
    So all your assets that you use have to be there.
    Otherwise NOF will refuse to create a template.

In Assets View you can check your assets, verify them and if they are not found in the place where they should be, you can sort this by right click, Browse and look for the place where they are actually stored.

Here is another link to one of gotfusions tuts.
    http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Default Possibly I have now gone in the wrong direction. Let me know if I have.

OK.... Maybe I've just gone in the wrong direction.... I have many PDFs and Zip files in the Assets. I have now changed all their links to www.wiscorp.com/<whatever>.pdf or www.wiscorp.com/<whatever>.zip.

That way I have all my pdf and zip assets on the actual website.

These assets are no-longer in the Work drive of my local computer.

Should I reverse what I just did? That is, bring all the PDFs and Zips back into the local computer work drive and then change all the links to point to those local drive pdf and zip files?

Regards,
    Mike Gorman

This sounds very good to me, if you go the whole way.....

You actually did what we always recommend in a case like that.
    If you have lots of PDFs and .zip files it's best to take them out of the project.
    Create folders on your server for your PDFs and .zips and make external links (_blank).
    That way the actual project gains speed and stability.

Sorry to be dense here.... What do you mean by "go all the way." At this point, 100% of all the PDFs and ZIPs are referenced by External Links. Thier links are in the form of www.wiscorp.com/<whatever>.pdf or www.wiscorp.com/<whatever>.zip.

You indicated "_blank." What does that mean?

When I did a Verify on my Assets, 100% are either Internal links but are NOT PDFs or ZIPs, that is, they are tpls, gifs, etc., or they are External Links and are PDFs and ZIPs.

One more question... The indicator "Publish" is set to 100% of everything. Internal Links and External Links. Should I turn that Indicator to NO for the External Links?

Regards, and thanks again for your prompt consideration of my attempts.

Regards,
    Mike Gorman

Well, by "going all the way" I wanted to make sure that we are actually talking about the same thing.

It doesn´t matter anymore where you store your PDFs and .zips, if on your workdrive or not,
    if you have taken them out of your project and loaded them into specific folders on your server.

When you create the external links to your PDFs you should set the link typ to "existing" and "_blank".
    This openes a new window.

And "indicator"...? Which indicator are you talking about?

Regards,
    Mia