Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spacing between V11 and V12 has dramatically changed...

Mia:

I'm afraid that at this point I'm too Junior to get the complete meaning of what you are implying. My son (who's now 38) starting building this site (www.wiscorp.com) when he was 28 and worked on it for about six years. So, the site has much content and some level of sophistication that is currently "beyond me."

What I'm doing now is to make sure that every zip and pdf is an externally stored file (on my host provider), and that both every Asset that's under the asset list from NOF and every link from within a web page are 100% consistent. That is, both are External link. This will take me about a day as there is much to go over.

I think that when I get this done I will likely be able to generate a Zip file export.

My next task at that point will be to understand why NOF 12 is having two classes of problems with the export that's already done from NOF 11. Right now the site that's at www.wiscorp.com is NOF 11.

1) Vertical spacing problem on some pages.
    2) Text that's a gif file is now showing through the hot spot. The next is looking all scrambled up.

For both these problems I will have to send you actual HTML files so you can see what the problems are. When I'm ready for that, I would like to set up a GoToMeeting session as I have a license and that way you could see directly into my office computer and see the Local Publish 12 file set. I still have a local publish of my NOF 11 files .

Again, I am very grateful for your time on this matter.

Regards,
    Mike Gorman

Mike,

if I follow your description, it looks like - bcause of your asset problems - you were never able to create a template (.zip file) of your project.
    Leaves the question how did you actually took this project over into the new version NOF XII ?

If you just opened the .nod in NOF XII, it´s very likely that you have problems with the site.

What you are doing at the moment, clearing all the assets and sort the external links to your PDF files/folders this will pan out...
    If you finally manage to create a decent template and import it into NOF XII, you probably find out that the major problems have vanished.

Regards,
    Mia
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Mia:

To get to NOF 12, I copied my last NOF 11 nod file from my WisWeb11 directory to my WisWeb12 directory and renamed it from WisWeb11.nod to WisWeb12.nod. I then opened it up in NOF12. At that point NOF12 informed me that it was going to do a data conversion and that I would not be able to re-open it from NOF 11.

So, all this work is now being done on the WisWeb12.nod file. At this point, all the links are Typed as External. That almost doubled the quantity of Asset Files. But when I did the "Delete All Unused File Assets) the list came back down to only those links that are "In Use." That's what I had meant by indicator in the previous message. I just couldn't remember.

Now, I am opening up each Asset file (double clicking) and seeing what page that asset is used on. For ANY asset that has no page reference, I am deleting it.

After I do this I will try to make the Zip file again and try to import it. Since this is a NOF 12 file, the problems may not go away. If they do not, then I'll go back to my NOF 11 file and repeat the process I have just gone through. At least now I understand what I need to do.

Again, thanks so much for your time and attention to this issue.

I see that you aare in Germany. Where? I have relatives there and my daughter and her family are a U.S. Army family there.

Regards,
    Mike Gorman

Hmmmm, I think you should be doing this cleaning up procedure in NOF 11.
    This is the project that was working ok.
    And then.... after you´ve done all what you are doing at the moment you have a decent project, can create a template and import it into the new version.
    That would be decent.

At the moment you are fiddling around with a project which was imported into the higher version, .... but the wrong way.

I would recommend that you start there where your project was still working ok.

I´m living in Dusseldorf.
    We don´t have any U.S garrisons around here. Your daughter might be living a bit further south...

Regards,
    Mia
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Hi.....

Making progress, sort of.... I just tried the Export to Zip. NOF 12 was unable to find 46 assets. I just counted all the Asset files that have a size of "0" and it comes to 46... Ah ha.. Now I know the "missing assets."

Now, NONE of the 46 have Under the Links header Target column header the value "_blank." Rather, they all have the value "(none)"

So, I'm guessing that's the problem... Question... How do I get the value "_blank" into the Target?

Regards, and again, thanks in advance.... I know it's 11PM where you are so, I'll check back in about 9 hours....

Regards,
    Mike Gorman

Mike,

before I go to bed...

There is no problem at all, if your links have the value none.
    It´s just better to have external links with a value _blank.
    This is, when the new page openes in a new window and your normal page is still there, when the visitors close the link window.

To change the value to _blank you would have to sort out every link on its own...
    Too much trouble at the moment. So forget it for now.
    Focus on sorting your assets and create a template.

Good night,
    Mia

And by the way.like I said before, if you have assets with 0KB, delete them, whatever NOF might tell you....
    Last edited by mia; 03-02-2011 at 10:10 PM.

OK.... I'll delete them....

BTW, I figured out how to set the Target to "_blank" but once I delete all the Zero assets that problem will be non-existant....

Regards,
    Mike G

BINGO !..... Guess you know that's what you yell when you have 5 in a row in the game of BINGO.... In short, Success, the Zip file is now made....

Regards,
    Mike G

Hi.....

I imported from Template and all the problems that existed in the Original "copy and import from NOF 11" are still there.

What I will do tomorrow is to repeat what I did Today, but on the NOF 11 that does not have the problems, make a zip file and the re-import it into NOF 12 and see if the issues have gone away.

Hopefully they will have gone away.

Regards,
    Mike G

Mia:

I went back to NOF 11 and repeated the steps I did for NOF 12. I then exported to a Zip file successfully. I uninstalled NOF 12 and re-installed it. I then imported from template the NOF 11 project that was in a zip file.

The spacing problems remain.

How should I proceed. I will put two Index.html files into a place where you can see the difference. I'll then post a new message that contains the links.

Regards,
    Mike Gorman