Thread: Layout Colors Problem

Default Layout Colors Problem

Hello awesome helping people!

Things were going so well for me. Then, suddenly, all my text fields turned grey on me. I checked the autosaved versions, and while they did not reflect this change, they all seemed corrupted as they did not have the banner or other aspects. I tried to go to layout properties and change the background from automatic to transparent, but that only changed the color for just that page. Plus, it made the whole page transparent. I only want the text to be transparent. I checked what I have up already, and it is good, so I am afraid to upload anymore pages.

So, my site is good what I have loaded now. But if I upload anymore, I am sure I will corrupt what I already have up. If you look at veganscience.com online, you will see my site as I intend it to look. But it no longer looks that way locally in my computer. It is all grey!

I have uploaded and attached a jpeg of my site locally in NetObjects. (I hope I did this right.)

BTW, I have sent this same question to NetObjs support and it's been two days with no response. Is that typical?

Thank you!

~ Jeff (aka BCR guy)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	veganscience in &#110.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	875

Hi Jeff,
    It's possible that the SiteStyle being used defaults text to be a dark grey and the background of the pages to be a light grey. If you look in the Style View > Active SiteStyles and then scroll down to the the "Text Styles" section you might find that Body, Normal (P), or Text Object are set to grey. If you uncheck the SiteStyles "read only" property you'll be able to customize the colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	style props..png 
Views:	245 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	878   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	views bar..png 
Views:	252 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text styles..png 
Views:	245 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	880  
    Mike
    NetObjects Technical Support
    forums.NetObjects.com