Thread: Online View lost again!!

Default Online View lost again!!

DAMN!

Everything working fine, no changes made to PC, still running WIN7 Ultimate, NoF XII, IE 8 and all of a sudden I have:

1) Lost my online view when opening NoF and cannot get to it at all.
    2) Lost tabs on MLR in preview, but not in local publish.

Sorry guys, but this really is pre Beta release stuff.

Any idwea when the update is coming? And will it fix all these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by 1FugleyKiwi View Post
    DAMN!

1 Lost my online view when opening NoF and cannot get to it at all.
    2) Lost tabs on MLR in preview, but not in local publish.

Sorry guys, but this really is pre Beta release stuff.

Any idwea when the update is coming? And will it fix all these issues?
    I think you've assumed your problems are everyone's elses. Did you try a reboot? Known to solve 75% of all computer errors - regardless of software. It's an OS thing

Gee, thanks beach ape, great help there.

I think you've assumed more than you know.

Perhaps you could tell me which part of the OS causes the OnLineView, the MLR that was, but now isn't, showing in edit and the new MLR that also won't show. (Pretty pictures attached).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MLR..png 
Views:	379 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	869   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OLV..jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newMLR..png 
Views:	376 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	871  

OK here come some more obvious questions....

Is your OS current (7 sp2 + updates)?
    Are all your card drivers current?
    Did you do a standard install or custom install?
    Do you have JRE 1.6 selected?
    Have you tried to re-install Fusion?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi Mike,

Yes to all the above

Are you using IE 8 ?

Can you create a test folder and upload some content so that the code can be viewed (for the MLR issue)?

Can you list out your hardware and driver versions?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

IE8

System info as attached

http://www.taxiprice.co.nz/christchurch1.html for an MLR done when NOF was working OK

http://www.taxiprice.co.nz/mlr-new.html for an MLR just created.

NOTE: I cannot see the tabs on either when in design view, and yet they publish OK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	system..jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	876  

I've about reached the limit of suggestions. I "believe" that the issue is local to your machine as I have not heard anyone else have this same problem and as you say, it comes and goes.

If you have a decent sized external storage device (large enough to contain your current content) you can use the MS easy transfer wizard to make a backup of your entire system (it is part of your windows 7 install...) then reformat and reinstall your windows OS. Sounds brutal but using the easy transfer wizard lessens the pain. Just make sure you install all software you now have (make no setting changes to it, just install and update all running software, the easy transfer wizard will take care of setting everything up exactly as you now have it).

If reinstalling the OS sounds too brutal you may want to go back to a restore point to see if your problems get resolved. Make sure you export all Fusion site projects to template as they also will "roll back" to the same restore point and you will lose everything you have done from the restore point on.

You may also consider inserting the windows 7 install CD and pick the "repair" option.

If you consider any of these options please make backups of everything that you might lose before starting.

You might want to wait and see if anyone else has suggestions before doing anything major like an OS reinstall. NetObjects Fusion uses a lot of OS level "stuff" for its functionality and I believe that you have some sort of issue with your OS.

Have you run a virus/trojan scan recently? You may have removed some things that should not have been removed,

Hi Kiwi,
    Inaddition to gotFusion's suggestions you might try disabling any plugins running in Internet Explorer and/or upgrading to the latest Internet Explorer 9 RC. All of the areas you described exhibiting issues (Online View, MLR, etc) are dependent on Fusion's and Internet Explorer's ability to communicate. If there is a disconnect there, then it might be resulting in the issues you've experienced.

Are NetObjects Fusion XII and Internet Explorer both installed to their default locations?
    Mike
    NetObjects Technical Support
    forums.NetObjects.com