Thread: missing text

Default missing text

I have upgraded from v10 to v12 and moved my NOF work to a different PC. The old pc has a site style I got from OnlineSiteStyles that I very much wish to keep using. I exported the site as a template. Imported it into v12 on the new pc, but the banners and buttons have no text in V12. I added the Style Source according to Help. The text is missing is Design View so this forum exchange I found doesn't necessarily apply:
    There's a known issue in 12 with banners/buttons involving transparency.
    Everything ok in Design View, not in preview or when published.
    NetObjects says this will be fixed in the first Update to 12. It should be out in the near future. No set date as yet.

In fact even when I press the "Style" button and view the Style there the banner is blank and the sample text is missing.
    Is this a related bug to the known problem or something I can fix?

Have you tried to change the font, color, or size from the banner or button properties palette in Site View? Click on the banner and buttons to select the properties palette
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I think you meant in Style View not Site View. And thank you I just tried changing the font from MS Sans Serif to Arial and the text is now displayed. MS Sans Serif is a font on the system. What is going on, can you explain? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post
    I think you meant in Style View not Site View. And thank you I just tried changing the font from MS Sans Serif to Arial and the text is now displayed. MS Sans Serif is a font on the system. What is going on, can you explain? Thanks again.
    Glad you "knew" what I "meant" and not what I "said"

You should not have a problem with system fonts. What operating system version are you using?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit