Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fair Pricing Policy for UK customers

Unhappy Fair Pricing Policy for UK customers

Hello

I have been an avid user of Netobjects Fusion since it was first published and fully intended to upgrade to the latest version "Netobjects Fusion 12".

However, there is a large discrepancy in the purchase price for UK & USA customers:-

Upgrade version $109 (£67) in the USA but £86 for UK customers ie. 20% more!!

Full version $199 (£122) in the USA but £154 for UK customers ie. 26% more!!

I personally will not be upgrading until this unfair situation is addressed by Netobjects.

I hope the prices are revised or a special offer for UK customers appears, until then I'll stick with my current version and seek alternative software.
    Last edited by madaxeman; 03-06-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Why don't you buy it on eBay from a UK seller for far less than that

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160505016427

I removed your duplicate post in the other forum
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hmmm - You mean the only UK EBay seller (actually the only UK seller):-

They advertise the price as $169.85 (£104.41) on EBay.co.uk but when you actually visit their site:-

http://www.downloadbuyer.com/showprod/800

(Downloadbuyer.com) The price is actually £129.95 - Still £7 dearer that the USA version - I wouldn't call that "Far Less..."

- Its all a bit shabby really.

I don't really think that Netobjects see the UK as a viable market based on this pricing policy.
    Last edited by madaxeman; 03-06-2011 at 05:35 PM.

I believe what you are seeing as the "additional cost" is the VAT. This is what I see for UK pricing from them for full and upgrade.

When I bought my first copy I missed the "special introductory price" time frame and ended up paying $695.00 for it. I think the current price is a deal compared to what it has sold for in the past.

If you do not feel that the product is worth what is being charged there are a lot of other alternatives that you can explore.
    Last edited by gotFusion; 03-06-2011 at 06:39 PM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post

I removed your duplicate post in the other forum
    And with it - my original response <g>

Here it is again..........

HI Axeman <g>

I raised this issue with Netobjects a month or so ago -
    if it's any consolation then the ripoff factor is even greater if you're buying in euro.... (+30%)
    While some of this seems to be VAT - the rest is (IMHO) definitely unfair....

Netobjects response was basically

's*d you - we'll charge whatever we like - because we can'

However - there is some good news....

<http://cgi.ebay.com/NetObjects-Fusion-XII-New-V12-Download-LOW-PRICE_W0QQitemZ160505016427QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4710 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

that's the 'new' package

and the upgrade is available here (same seller)

http://www.downloadbuyer.com/showprod/801

This seller is offering NOF12 at a discount (= non-ripoff!) price -

and they appear to be legit....

Netobjects' attitude is shameful - and isn't going to win them any friends

Adrian

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    I believe what you are seeing as the "additional cost" is the VAT. This is what I see for UK pricing from them for full and upgrade.

When I bought my first copy I missed the "special introductory price" time frame and ended up paying $695.00 for it. I think the current price is a deal compared to what it has sold for in the past.

If you do not feel that the product is worth what is being charged there are a lot of other alternatives that you can explore.
    Actually If you take time to follow the link to the Downloadbuyer.com site from the gotfusion.com link you have used above, you will see that the prices you quote above are incorrect. They are £129.95 and £69.95 respectively, for UK customers.

I have used Netobjects since Windows 98 days, but until things improve - I think your last sentence shows the route myself and other disgruntled UK users are likely to go
    Last edited by madaxeman; 03-07-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madaxeman View Post
    I think your last sentence shows the route myself and other disgruntled UK users are likely to go
    I use several pieces of software, not just one. Any user who puts all of their eggs in one basket is bound to crack up sooner or later.

This is what I use on a daily basis

NetObjects Fusion (12)
    Adobe Dreamweaver (CS4)
    Macromedia Homesite (5.5)
    Adobe Photoshop (CS5)
    Corel Graphics Suite X5
    MS Notepad (Yes I use notepad A LOT)

You will notice that not all of those listed are the latest releases of the product. If a product is performing for me I am satisfied with it.

I always recommend that users download the 30 day trial of all other software. 30 days will give you plenty of time to decide if the product fits your needs.

There is absolutely no reason why you cannot use Fusion as a layout and design tool, then switch to another piece of software to finish the coding. Learn to use tools for what they are.... tools... Too many people get stuck in the "I gotta use this for everything" rut and never think that there are other alternatives. Once you start to expand your horizons you will find that there is a brave new world out there to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by madaxeman View Post
    Upgrade version $109 (£67) in the USA but £86 for UK customers ie. 20% more!!
    uh.... so why don't you pay in US dollars, no problem....

Quote Originally Posted by intelics View Post
    uh.... so why don't you pay in US dollars, no problem....
    Good luck with that..... - you've not tried it....

Netobjects' site detects where you are in the world and charges accordingly.
    Customers in the Eurozone suffer an even greater % ripoff.

Adrian

Can we say proxy server (say no more, say no more.... OK.. no more)