Thread: Attachments in forums

Default Attachments in forums

Hi all !

How do I remove attachments from my attachment folder? I wanted to post a few zips yesterday but my folder is almost full.

Click on the Settings link at the top of the page

Scroll down and on the left under Miscellaneous you will find a link that says Attachments (click that)

This will show you the list of attachments you have made. Put a check in the box for the one(s) you wish to remove and at the bottom of the list you should see a delete option.

If you delete an attachment that is "live" i.e. part of an answer on the forum, that attachment will disappear from the post once you delete it from the list.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi Mike,

thanks, I had seen that, but they are shown "in use" in particular threads. Don't they get deleted on those threads as well if I remove them from the list?

Yes, if you delete an attachment it no longer is part of the thread it was put on.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

I wonder if this could be changed in the forums-software. When you solve a problem using screenshots, and delete the screenshots afterwards, the thread doesn't make much sense anymore. I don't know of this limitation in any other forum. Or could you perhaps enlarge the size of the attachments file for beta testers or other categories of long-term users?

Talk to Mike. He can set your attachment limit up.

OK thanks...