Thread: Upgrading from NOF 11 to 12 from old PC (.11 Windows XP) to 12 (New PC Windows 7 )

Thumbs down Upgrading from NOF 11 to 12 from old PC (.11 Windows XP) to 12 (New PC Windows 7 )

Having got only automated answers from support@ that are redirecting me to the same place all the time, I hope to get an answer via this forum.
    I bought years ago NOF 9 (German) and upgraded 2009 to 11.
    My present problem is that I bought a new PC using now Windows 7 (that did NOT accept NOF 11) and I only now want to upgrade to 12 (German or English) on my new PC.
    I have all the commercial details at hand.
    What must I do?
    The German support was absolutely helpless and more than slow (4-5 days for an useless answer).
    Thanks for helping

Hi,

for start there is no problem using NOF 11 on Win7, if you are following these informations (in german, but I assume you might be able to understand them).
    http://www.nof-forum.de/netobjects_f...-t21622.0.html

If you want to upgrade to NOF 12, and if I remember well, there should be no problem with a german serial number to upgrade to an english version.
    On the other hand, if you want to upgrade AND want to import your existing website into the new version, you should actually consider taking a german version of NOF 12.
    You can import your existing website by creating a template in your existing version and import it into NOF 12 by making a "New Site > from Template".
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    Hi,

for start there is no problem using NOF 11 on Win7, if you are following these informations (in german, but I assume you might be able to understand them).
    http://www.nof-forum.de/netobjects_f...-t21622.0.html

If you want to upgrade to NOF 12, and if I remember well, there should be no problem with a german serial number to upgrade to an english version.
    On the other hand, if you want to upgrade AND want to import your existing website into the new version, you should actually consider taking a german version of NOF 12.
    You can import your existing website by creating a template in your existing version and import it into NOF 12 by making a "New Site > from Template".
    My problem, I fear, will be that I am upgrading from one PC (NOF 11) to another PC (NOF 12). I have first to pay, then I will have eventually the problem that NOF´s system does not find anything (bar my serial number) that proves I do an upgrade...
    At least the German "Hotline" was a bad joke, repeating every 4-5 days the same question that I did on my side respond to immediately.
    What do you think?

You can find the serial number on your old install from the menu selection Help > About NetObjects Fusion. It is also stored in the computer registry where you can find it using regedit.

All you need is a qualifying serial number (even the free Essentials product is a qualifying product). You will be asked to enter a serial number of a previous version. Just put in your old serial number and the upgrade install will continue

you will have no problem upgrading.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

The qualiifying serial number is needed even when NOF 11 is installed on the same machine (at least it was in my case)
    Dell Precision T7500 : Xeon 5860 : ATI FirePro V8800 : Win7x64 : www.microartwork.com

NOF upgrades do not require a previous version to be detected on your machine. It will ask you for your previous Serial Number. Available in your purchase receipt, or you login to your account and get it there also.
    BTW, I would stay with v11 for now. In the short term, you'll enjoy the experience better.

Thank you all so much!
    It worked and everything now is fine.
    With kind regards from Paraguay
    Jean-Paul Wayenborgh