Thread: Template from older NetObjects Version

Default Template from older NetObjects Version

Hi NetObjects Forum,

I have a problem. I wanted to open a template that was created in
    NetObjects 8 into NetObjects 12. I verified my assets first and Exported as
    a template the entire site. I saved this as a zip folder on the desktop,
    extracted to the folder I wanted it to be in. I opened NetObjects 12, went to
    the folder and opened my NetObjects Fusion Template. When I preview in the
    new version of netobjects, you can't see all the graphics, but when I do a
    Publish everything shows up.

What have I forgot to do? I would like to see everything in my preview too.

If you are able, please return the answer to me on this question
    ASAP! I am desperate because this site has to go up fast.

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi,

Now I realize how little exposure I've had to this stuff. You gave a very well explained process. I followed every step, and the site does perfect opening up in NetObjects 12, but the only thing I can't do is Preview and have all my images show up. I can Publish Site and everything shows up just fine. Is there anything else I can do. I am opening a New Template in the NetObjects 8 version and am not adding any pages to the site until I follow the steps to add it to the New version of NetObjects. I've verified Assets, and after I verify in the old version, it does not give me a choice of deleting file assets or keeping them. After this I Re-Optimize the site and follow all the steps for Exporting As Template Entire Site.

I'll appreciate any further suggestions since I am new at this.

Thanks
    Mars

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    but the only thing I can't do is Preview and have all my images show up. I can Publish Site and everything shows up just fine.
    Just a stab in the dark ... what, or how are the images being used? Preview isn't a full generation of code. For example, if you used the rollover component, they only show in publish and never in preview. Otherwise I sometimes fluke with a CMYK color pallet, which don't show properly.

They aren't rollovers, but merely Layout Regions and actual images in the pages that won't show up.

All I did was create a New Site from Template in NetObjects 8 and followed the above steps to get it into NetObjects 12.

Thanks for any help!

In Fusion 12 you should verify assets and navigate and re-link any that do not verify. See this page for more details: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=357
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks For Your Help!