Thread: Problem with picture on MasterBorder

Default Problem with picture on MasterBorder

I'm working on a site in NOF12 that I imported from a template created in NOF11. The NOF11 site worked correctly. Of course, when I imported I had a lot of work to do to straighten up the layout, but with that done the site published fine. All of the pages on the site use the same MasterBorder. On the left side of the MasterBorder there's a navigation bar and just below that is a picture that abuts the bottom of the nav bar table. When I publish the site, that picture stays abutted to the nav area perfectly.

Now, I added an HR rule, a text box, and a picture to the bottm of the layout area. After doing that, the picture doesn't stay abutted to the nav are, but only on that page. It jumps down somewhat leaving a gap. I've tried various things to get this corrected but nothing I've tried works.

Does anyone have any clues as to what I should be looking at?

Have you tried placing all of this within a layout region or a single celled table? That will usually keep things together.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Have you tried placing all of this within a layout region or a single celled table? That will usually keep things together.
    Are you saying put the picture in a layout region or a single celled table that abuts the nav table, or putting both the picture and the nav bar table in a single celled table? If the latter, it kind of makes sense that it would keep it together.

I'm not an expert at NOF by any stretch of the imagination and will be learning, learning, learning.

I would recommend a table with 2 cells, one for the navi bar and one for the picture.
    That keeps them in place.

You should consider using tables more often, this is a perfect way of arranging your content.
    Everything stays neatly in place, even when you center your page in browser.
    Last edited by mia; 03-17-2011 at 09:41 PM.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Yea... what she said
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Well, duh, I fixed the problem by increasing the height of the nav bar table at the bottom by a bit. Now, it's back the way it was.

Thanks to gotFusion and mia. I'll definitely consider tables more often.