Thread: New Forum User

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question New Forum User

Help!

I want to post a message but I can't see how. I have read FAQ but I can't see the buttons referred to in the Answers.

The problem I have, as a new Fusion (10) user, is that, on entry, Fusion asks me to log in with my user name and password. My user name is my email address (as instructed by the install confirmation email) but Fusion will not accept the character '@'! I am confused.com

Thanks folk, in advance. I am sure that I must be missing the obvious in both cases.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjam View Post
    Help!

I want to post a message but I can't see how. I have read FAQ but I can't see the buttons referred to in the Answers.

The problem I have, as a new Fusion (10) user, is that, on entry, Fusion asks me to log in with my user name and password. My user name is my email address (as instructed by the install confirmation email) but Fusion will not accept the character '@'! I am confused.com

Thanks folk, in advance. I am sure that I must be missing the obvious in both cases.
    I see your message but I do not understand what you are asking ?

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Unhappy One Step Forward ...

Thanks for the response.
    1) I have discovered how to post. I was looking for the buttons on the top level page, rather than within a topic. I only realised that after I went into "Chit Chat" and started this thread (without realising that I was in fact making a post!).

2) The problem I was trying to raise is this:

I have just installed Net Objects Fusion 10. As part of that process I received an email from NetObjects teeling me that my username would be my email address and my password would be "*******".

Ok so far?

I loaded up Net Objects Fusion 10.
    I was asked, by the software, to log in.
    I entered my email address, as I had been instructed in the email, and the password.
    The login attempt failed with the message "illegal username". It seems that the "@" symbol is not allowed in the username.
    I am just confused. Why are NetObjects telling me that my username is my email address when the software won't accept it?
    I hope the problem is a bit clearer this time.

Where did you get your copy of the software?

The retail release does not require you to log in.

You must have a proprietary copy or something other than the retail version.

You might need to check with who ever you got the software through to find out what is going on.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Hi,

I got the software from the Net Objects web site via a PC Pro DVD.
    I am not required to log in but am asked to do so. I have the choice of skipping the log in, which I took.
    I just wonder why the software asks me for a password that it does not accept. It does not fill me with confidence for the product as a whole.

It appears you have a free or promotional copy that was given away on a magazine cover. NetO has had a number of releases that were of this nature. You might consider getting a retail copy of the product as the promotional were designed to entice users to purchase the product even though they are fully functioning older versions.

Personally I never rely on free or promotional software for any production work. Sure I will take a look but that is about as far as I will go. I am sure that the product will function but understand that it was a free promotion and as such not a retail product.

You can ignore the log in and use the software to see if it is something that you would want to purchase.