Thread: Way Behind The Times

Question Way Behind The Times

OK. Please don't laugh. Back in late 1999 or early 2000 I purchased NetObjects Fusion 4.0 and installed it on a machine running Windows XP. With absolutely zero experience in building websites I used the software to build a simple site for my father's business. His business changes slightly every year, and I've always been able to make those changes in v4.0 without a problem. Fast forward to today... My old XP machine is on its last leg, and I just purchased a new Windows 7 pc. If I purchase the latest version of NetObjects Fusion to run on the new OS, can I import or copy the 4.0 site template files into the new version? Or is there a specific version upgrade path I need to take to get my files compatible with the latest version? Help!!!

Uuuuuh, this is a big step, from NOF4 to NOF12.

But if you made a template in NOF4, why don't you give it a go.
    The template in NOF4 is a .nft file.
    So try to make a "New Site > from template" in NOF12, search your .nft file, name your new project and click Open.
    Have a look, what the result might be...
    Because it's a very big step from this ancient NOF version, we always recommend to use a NOF7 version in between.
    NOF Essentials is available for free, www.netobjects.com.
    NOF Essentials is NOF 7,5.

So, you could try to import your NOF4 template first into Essentials.
    Make another template ( this time it will be a .zip file) and import it the same way I described into NOF 12.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten