Thread: Information needed

Default Information needed

I don't have an issue but would like some comments on the possibility of using NOF to access and update Microsoft SQL Server databases.

Is this capability available and how does it work ?

Do you have components available to display file information, say in a grid and select records for update ?

Can you build dynamic record selection allowing the user to search on database fields and pull back info ?

What technical background do you need other than SQL Server and NOF ?

Thanks
    Charlie

You can connect to any database. The gotFusion site has been run entirely out of MS Sql Server using ColdFusion for about 8 years now.

How you code it will depend on what language you will be using. If you are not already using one, I would recommend ColdFusion as it is a tag based language (like html) and uses simple English words such as cfquery, cfform, cfmail, and cfoutput rather than archaic strings.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Wow Mike!
    I just looked up the price of ColdFusion.
    Although it looks to be the bees knees it is quite an outlay. Not for the casual developer methinks.
    NOF 2013: (AU1)......Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 (Build 7601:SP1)
    Mac OSX 10.8.3.....Parallels Desktop 8 (8.0.18483)
    iMac 27" 2.7 GHz Intel Core 2 i5.....12Gb 1333 Mhz DDR3

Quote Originally Posted by Ritch View Post
    Wow Mike!
    I just looked up the price of ColdFusion.
    Although it looks to be the bees knees it is quite an outlay. Not for the casual developer methinks.
    That is what I have to pay for ColdFusion as a web host. I provide it to my web hosting customers at no additional cost to them. The cost of providing ColdFusion hosting will keep most web hosts from offering it to their customers. It's not something that you would want to purchase for yourself

You can obtain and install a developer edition which is limited to 3 concurrent connections which is available at no cost (free). This is so you can develop ColdFusion applications on your personal computer but you will have to place your domain with a web host who offers ColdFusion hosting to be able to server ColdFusion pages to your web site visitors.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Thanks Mike.

Appreciate the response. Food for thought.

Ritch
    NOF 2013: (AU1)......Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 (Build 7601:SP1)
    Mac OSX 10.8.3.....Parallels Desktop 8 (8.0.18483)
    iMac 27" 2.7 GHz Intel Core 2 i5.....12Gb 1333 Mhz DDR3

If you think ColdFusion is pricey take a peak at the cost for MS Sql Server 2008 enterprise sometime.