Thread: How do I do colored border on centered white pages?

Default How do I do colored border on centered white pages?

This seems too simple, but I can't figure it out.

My layout is on a white background, set to be centered in the browser.

I just want to change the color of whatever I DON'T see in my layout, in other words, the sides of the design that don't have anything in it.

So how do I set a page to be, say, all brown, EXCEPT for my layout, which will be white?

Quote Originally Posted by intelics View Post
    This seems too simple, but I can't figure it out.

My layout is on a white background, set to be centered in the browser.

I just want to change the color of whatever I DON'T see in my layout, in other words, the sides of the design that don't have anything in it.

So how do I set a page to be, say, all brown, EXCEPT for my layout, which will be white?
    This gotFusion tutorial should explain: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4048
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi, thanks for the reply... this seems more about how to put a border around the web site... I want the whole page other than my centered layout to be filled with color. Perhaps I'm missing something in the tutorial.

Read the whole tutorial

Below the part that talks about how to make a border is how to color the background behind the layout

Below the part about how to color the background behind the layout is how to place an image in that background

it is 3 tutorials on 1 page. The method described in the beginning is used for all 3 tasks

* * * * * * * Edit * * * * *

If you find the tutorial confusing let me know and I can expand it to make it simpler or break it down into multiple tutorials. Since each task (border, different background color, and a background image behind the layout) all use the same table insertion method I thought it simpler to combine all 3 options into a single tutorial.
    Last edited by gotFusion; 03-28-2011 at 03:27 AM. Reason: ask if the tut was confusing
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Got things figured out now.... Thanks for the tutorial!